• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Ghosts
1 1

3,680 posts in this topic

Mooneyham is one of the best new talents I've seen in years, love his work. Awesome Joker, I am officially well Jell

Is why I keep picking up his work. I honestly think some of the prices you can still get pieces at is a complete steal. His art will be iconic in the industry 30 years from now.

Mooneyham is one of the best new talents I've seen in years, love his work. Awesome Joker, I am officially well Jell

Is why I keep picking up his work. I honestly think some of the prices you can still get pieces at is a complete steal. His art will be iconic in the industry 30 years from now.

He was doing a Walking Dead piece when he signed my books which was amazing!

I haven't gone there yet... still have another couple of things I want to pick up first on the nostalgia side of comics... but I couldn't agree more. Mooneyham has a wonderful style and really owns it. It doesn't feel like it's completely something we have all seen before.

Is it just me, or would it be extremely cool if Israel Skelton Crew Studio got the license for Five Ghosts? I already loved what they were doing with Chew, and now with The Stuff of Legend and Templesmith (44Flood), I want this to follow suit!

Bad enough that the series is superb (I love the Phantom Variant to death), but with a TV Show on the horizon, I want figures, statues, etc. if possible.

Never enough Five Ghosts. More merchandise would be a blessing.

That would be pretty cool, I was a big statue collector and would love Five Ghosts on my shelf. On top of Fabian and his ghosts there could be alternate possessed Fabians, that's 11 figures right there!

Absolutely agree with what you said. There is so much potential with the series, and with Mr. Barbiere confirming that something is in the works, now all I have to do is save money for whatever it may be (would be neat if a statue was made of the ECCC 2013 #1 Cover Exclusive).

Frank and Chris are just continuing to confirm why they are one of the top teams creating comics today. Had a great time meeting both of them at NYCC.

Two takeaways:

1. I can't wait for this TV show.

2. I wish Chris/Frank would do the 6 page backup stories in Batman.. and then take over the series after issue #50 (or just give them Tec now.)

I could see Frank pulling that off but Chris doing 2 titles and with DC, no time off ? I think it would be tough but I have no idea how many pages Chris can handle in a month.

I think the writing duties are equivalently as time consuming and arduous.

Plus, it's the quality that counts....not the quantity. I'd rather see Chris bust out fewer titles passionately than a bazillion qualitatively diluted pages. Same goes for Frank the tank. Even tanks need some downtime for maintenance.

As always, great meeting fellow fans and collectors of FG. Thanks to all who stopped by and said hi. Chris did some great commissions at NYCC. I don't have scans for all of them, but will share as soon as I get them from the commissioners. For now, I've got this Spidey to show...enjoy!

131014183507NNTLpMSlik.jpg