• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Ghosts
1 1

3,680 posts in this topic

I can't quite articulate what Chris is doing, but I think his use of heavy black inks is key to his particular style. Instead of using the shadows to hide or obscure his characters, he uses it effectively to enhance and highlight.

It's almost as if he's reversed the contrast in a picture.

I find it refreshing and whereas we've said endlessly his art reminds us of old school artists....there's something distinctly new about his work as well.

Glad I've got a few of the original 5g panels. Makes me giddy like a schoolgirl!

Just got this guy back from CGC. This is the "Ed Brisson's luggage" pedigree copy lol

Agree on the grade (I didn't press it, just wanted to get it preserved as-is). Could have sworn it was ECCC though - now I wish I had looked in it more recently. Not that I'm really concerned one way or another - just cool to have one.

FiveGhostsAshcan_zpsaed28c95.jpg

Just got this guy back from CGC. This is the "Ed Brisson's luggage" pedigree copy lol

Agree on the grade (I didn't press it, just wanted to get it preserved as-is). Could have sworn it was ECCC though - now I wish I had looked in it more recently. Not that I'm really concerned one way or another - just cool to have one.

FiveGhostsAshcan_zpsaed28c95.jpg

:golfclap:

Grats on getting one. I love the luggage pedigree lol.

Honestly, this is one of those books that any condition is a score.

I wanted to point out to everyone on the boards that Midtown Comics website has the Five Ghosts 13 blank that comes out next week up for preorder. I made sure I ordered mine and I want to make sure that anyone that does not have a local shop that ordered these gets a chance. As far as I can tell there are 44 left. I will post this in the Wave Of Next Blanks thread as well.

I wanted to point out to everyone on the boards that Midtown Comics website has the Five Ghosts 13 blank that comes out next week up for preorder. I made sure I ordered mine and I want to make sure that anyone that does not have a local shop that ordered these gets a chance. As far as I can tell there are 44 left. I will post this in the Wave Of Next Blanks thread as well.

I should also point out that they are 15% off the cover price.

TFAW has them a bit cheaper at 20% off... Five Ghosts 13 Blank

(thumbs u

TFAW has them a bit cheaper at 20% off... Five Ghosts 13 Blank

(thumbs u

You are awesome thanks! I have no idea what the print run on these is and I want to make sure that all the board members that want them are able to get them.

Meant to stop by Chris and Frank's booth at New York. Does anyone know if they were selling prints?

I'm working with Chris on getting a print made. Should have one for Emerald next March.

Here's a cool Batman/Deadshot commission from NYCC:

B0GfPEtIMAA2xQl.jpg