• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Ghosts
1 1

3,680 posts in this topic

Read the first issue, thought it was just ok. Feels like a 70s comic or something.

maybe 70s doctor strange, the 70s produced a lot of worthwhile reading.

Art is very influenced by Joe Kubert. Overall aesthetic is reminiscent of Alex Toth-designed Saturday morning cartoons. So yes, a strong '70s vibe.

As a '70s kid, needless to say, I loved it.

Can you guys find that anywhere? I have exhausted the impressive search function on the boards as well as Google and I can't find where this policy is stated. TSOL Boogeyman edition is numbered on the front.

I emailed CGC back and forth when the book came out and sent scans of a numbered one. I guess whoever told me it would get a green may have been wrong.

You may be right, I just can't find it either way. The official statement on green labels mentions sigs but not hand numbering.

a lot of the ones I've seen were signed...so even if a number on the back and no sig will fly past the CGC radar, there's still not too many out there, considering the entire print run was 200.
Oddly enough, I've seen quite a few numbered unsigned. I have two and I know that the person that sold them to me had more.

Can you guys find that anywhere? I have exhausted the impressive search function on the boards as well as Google and I can't find where this policy is stated. TSOL Boogeyman edition is numbered on the front.

I emailed CGC back and forth when the book came out and sent scans of a numbered one. I guess whoever told me it would get a green may have been wrong.

? So if the eccc variant is numbered, but not signed, what will it come back as? I assumed green label as well.

You may be right, I just can't find it either way. The official statement on green labels mentions sigs but not hand numbering.

E-mail Michael Balent :-)

It's a mini right? 5 issues?

I saw it on the stands and saw the "1 of 5" thing and immediately skipped over it.

Most mini's = trades in my life.

Good call.

You're really smart.

If I were to buy every mini out there I'd be left with monster boxes of useless stuff every year.

I'll wait for the trades. I prefer the story than the value, imagine that eh?

I saw it on the stands and saw the "1 of 5" thing and immediately skipped over it.

Good call.

You're really smart.

If I were to buy every mini out there I'd be left with monster boxes of useless stuff every year.

But...but...there won't be a Phantom variant of the trade :cry:

Good call.

You're really smart.

But...but...there won't be a Phantom variant of the trade :cry:

Say's WHO?