• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All pending or sold...thread closed

46 posts in this topic

First...I didn't know I was violating rules. I can't be the only one that has done this prior to learning the rules. I guess you could round up a posse and ban me for a simple mistake, but that would only mean less books for sale here, cutting down on competition, driving prices up. Note that I didn't try to hide the fact that I did it because there was no intention to decieve. It was an honest mistake.

Second...I also specifically stated there was a $20 minimum. So the offer to buy an $18 book was not pursuant to the terms of my sale. That offer was on-par with a counter-offer since it was not specifically meeting my "ask". So your offer was moot anyway.

WC

Hello!

Welcome to the "Comics Market - Forum Only Selling" board!

The moderators have asked everyone around here to help educate new comers about the posting rules for this forum so that we can keep things running smoothly. So whenever we see a new thread go up that's missing some of the information required by the rules, someone will generally happen along and post this reminder (by moderator request).

You can find the posting guidelines here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1460472&page=1#Post1460472

Specifically, you should check out # 4

They are well worth reading, because your posts can be removed from the boards if they don't conform to the guidelines. This will help you to attract more buyers as well, since this is how people expect to have books offered around here.

Thanks, and glad to have you here!

Thanks.

I never read the rules because I always try to follow through on my commitments and I figured (incorrectly) that the rules were about failure to pay and that sort of thing.

I think I'm OK on a technicality, but I've still contacted the would-be buyer and offered to pay the difference on a comparable issue because my name is worth more to me than a couple of bucks.

WC

Thanks.

I never read the rules because I always try to follow through on my commitments and I figured (incorrectly) that the rules were about failure to pay and that sort of thing.

I think I'm OK on a technicality, but I've still contacted the would-be buyer and offered to pay the difference on a comparable issue because my name is worth more to me than a couple of bucks.

WC

Try not to take it personally. Noob Seller Ball busting is practically an olympic sport around here. :) It gets much, much worse if you let it get to you. Sounds like you're trying to correct the mistake.

I'd say you're about a turd in the cereal bowl past a blemish. I realize you were attempting a brief crash course in economics regarding lack of competition but NEVER EVER assume that you're above the rules. Once your name is done here then you're done here.

Hopefully you and the would be buyer can work it out.

Thanks.

WC

Try not to take it personally. Noob Seller Ball busting is practically an olympic sport around here. :) It gets much, much worse if you let it get to you. Sounds like you're trying to correct the mistake.

Ditto.

A few points:

1 . WIth shipping that order was over $20. If you mean the order must be over $20 not including shipping costs then you need to state that clearly.

2. This seems like an honest mistake so I am not trying to make a federal case of it. I just expect to receive a book I post i'll take it.

3. The seller offered me a book on ebay and said he will refund the difference. My request is he remove the book from ebay and sell it to me here.

I will take it and all will be forgiven.

A few points:

1 . WIth shipping that order was over $20. If you mean the order must be over $20 not including shipping costs then you need to state that clearly.

2. This seems like an honest mistake so I am not trying to make a federal case of it. I just expect to receive a book I post i'll take it.

3. The seller offered me a book on ebay and said he will refund the difference. My request is he remove the book from ebay and sell it to me here.

I will take it and all will be forgiven.

Seems reasonable to me.

Thanks. My crime was beyond the worst thing that could happen on this forum.

I sent him a link to another seller with the same book in the same condition. It cost more, so I told him I'd paypal the difference. This, despite the fact that my sales terms were clear on minimum order size.

He wanted me to go buy that book, receive it, and then sell it to him. (Essentially incurring double postage and time and trouble)

I reiterated that he should send me his paypal address and I'll send him $5 (difference between the two books) to address his grievance and asked him to never try to buy anything from me again. There is such a thing as a "bad buyer" and I can't trust that the guy would create more problems for me after receiving the book. He likes to whine.

I know that I'm far, far, FAR AND AWAY, more forgiving when people make mistakes. It's lots of fun to kick a guy when he's down, isn't it? It's not like I cheated anyone. It's not like the guy won't get the book he wants for the price he's willing to pay. There was no malicious intent on my part....just a lack of knowledge of the rules.

At this point, there is no way I can sell anything here on this thread. Was hoping to make some funds for Megacon, because I'm a comicbook collector and I enjoy reading and collecting them.

Thanks. My crime was beyond the worst thing that could happen on this forum.

I sent him a link to another seller with the same book in the same condition. It cost more, so I told him I'd paypal the difference. This, despite the fact that my sales terms were clear on minimum order size.

He wanted me to go buy that book, receive it, and then sell it to him. (Essentially incurring double postage and time and trouble)

I reiterated that he should send me his paypal address and I'll send him $5 (difference between the two books) to address his grievance and asked him to never try to buy anything from me again. There is such a thing as a "bad buyer" and I can't trust that the guy would create more problems for me after receiving the book. He likes to whine.

I know that I'm far, far, FAR AND AWAY, more forgiving when people make mistakes. It's lots of fun to kick a guy when he's down, isn't it? It's not like I cheated anyone. It's not like the guy won't get the book he wants for the price he's willing to pay. There was no malicious intent on my part....just a lack of knowledge of the rules.

At this point, there is no way I can sell anything here on this thread. Was hoping to make some funds for Megacon, because I'm a comicbook collector and I enjoy reading and collecting them.

First, how was I supposed to know the link you sent me for a WD 43 on ebay wasn't your book. :o Now your whole idea is insane. You wanted me to buy a book from someone else and then you would reimburse me?

I don't need the hassles of dealing with another seller. And you call me a bad buyer? Go see my registry, most of my books have come from buying from this forum. Also see my Kudos thread....speaks for itself.

Here is his PM to me:

Now you're just being ridiculous. I'll paypal you $5 for your perceived grief if you send your paypal address. Don't attempt to buy anything from me again. This is fair warning that I won't accept future offers on my sales. Take this further with the moderators if you like. I'm done with you.

You made your bed....now go and sleep in it.