• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your Fave 3 Golden Age Batman & Detective Joker Covers

Your Fave 3 Batman & Detective Golden Age Joker Covers  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Your Fave 3 Batman & Detective Golden Age Joker Covers

32 posts in this topic

Batman 55, 73, and Tec 71 for me.....but VERY difficult to choose. I wish it had been 6 choices so I could include Batman 11, 49, and tec 69......GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

PS Passing on MC Miles 73 in CGC 5.5 is one of my top Forum regrets of the last decade.

Batman 55, 73, and Tec 71 for me.....but VERY difficult to choose. I wish it had been 6 choices so I could include Batman 11, 49, and tec 69......GOD BLESS...

PS Passing on MC Miles 73 in CGC 5.5 is one of my top Forum regrets of the last decade.

It looks like your hesitation on the Bats #73 was my gain. Sorry, jimbo :cry:

batman73cgc55wp_zpsab9c1d3c.jpg

It looks like your hesitation on the Bats #73 was my gain. Sorry, jimbo :cry:

batman73cgc55wp_zpsab9c1d3c.jpg

I saw it in person after Greg had added it to his show stock....it's a real banger in hand.....images just don't capture that gloss......GOD BLESS...

I'm not sure why Detective 76 wasn't included; if it had been, I might have picked it.

Good eye.....and I used to collect GA Joker covers. 76 is a particularly nice one with a classic Boy Commandos story as a bonus inside. GOD BLESS...

When I first saw the San Francisco copy of Detective Comics #85 and the Mile High copy of Batman #55 back in 1990 I fell in love with those books and it sparked me to collect DC villain covers. I was lucky to own many Mile High Joker covers, Penguin covers and other DC villain covers. Wish I still had them!

......what I find intiguing about the vintage comic market is how varied people's opinions can be. I, for one, can't imagine Tec 71 not being on every list....yet it isn't. I used to own the Cookeville copy and miss it dearly.....and it will NEVER be available for the 350 I paid for it in my lifetime.... GOD BLESS...

I'm not sure why Detective 76 wasn't included; if it had been, I might have picked it.

Oops. Argh. Sorry I missed that one.

I know that poll has already started, but if a mod is reading this thread is able to add Detective Comics #76 to the poll that would be awesome.

Detective 27

Batman 1

Detective 29

:rulez:

Detective 27

Batman 1

Detective 29

sorry, I just glanced at the title...and, I don't play by the rules anyway lol

Detective 27

Batman 1

Detective 29

Gator - are those your fave 3 Batman & Detective books, or your fave 3 Batman & Detective covers? I'm guessing the former since you didn't include Tec #31, but I am curious hm

We might need to run a couple more polls sometime (assuming I can't find any old ones in the Gold forum)...