• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

February 2013 ComicLink "Featured" Auction

202 posts in this topic

Bids are in...here's to hoping one or two stick. :wishluck:
I went strong on 11 books so far, all 11 I lost...yet the stuff I am not bidding on is going for cheap doh!

Care to share? Some of us live vicariously through you.

Bids are in...here's to hoping one or two stick. :wishluck:
I went strong on 11 books so far, all 11 I lost...yet the stuff I am not bidding on is going for cheap doh!

Won a single book so far, and not for resale, but instead for my growing Atlas War Collection. Either way, I'll take it....the prices so far have not been very buyer-friendly, at least on the stuff I bid on, so any win is a good win.

RAD188F72013125_173337.jpg

What a difference in prices, from a "supposed" sale of $91,500 two years ago to $29,805 tonight. Talk about taking a bath. doh!

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fdefault%2Easp%3FFocused%3D1%26pg%3D1%23Item%5F960124&id=960124

Wow, feel bad for the consignor. That's just brutal.

Why would you do that with no reserve :screwy:

:facepalm:

$65k hit, that's real $

And $29.8 K still sounds like a crazy whackadoodle price for a common book.

What a difference in prices, from a "supposed" sale of $91,500 two years ago to $29,805 tonight. Talk about taking a bath. doh!

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fdefault%2Easp%3FFocused%3D1%26pg%3D1%23Item%5F960124&id=960124

Wow, feel bad for the consignor. That's just brutal.

Why would you do that with no reserve :screwy:

:facepalm:

$65k hit, that's real $

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious to see whose site will have it for sale next month at the bargain price of 50k hm

I went 5 for 8 tonight and paid less than 2% over what I had projected as the cumulative winning bids. That'll never happen again! :acclaim:

Share the winnings !

I am a total bystander in this one :cry:

Mmmmm, 100 pagers I haven't bid on are going for way less than ones that I have.

Am I propping up the market? (shrug)

Yes, fool.

Sweet!!!!!!

I went 5 for 8 tonight and paid less than 2% over what I had projected as the cumulative winning bids. That'll never happen again! :acclaim:

Share the winnings !

I am a total bystander in this one :cry:

RAD0DB852013129_152826.jpg

Mmmmm, 100 pagers I haven't bid on are going for way less than ones that I have.

Am I propping up the market? (shrug)

Every time I follow several lots of similar grade books in a run at Comic Link, the ones I bid on in the last few minutes all shoot up massively. The ones I don't bid always stay precisely where the bid was well before the end of the auction. It was enough for me to give up.