• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

February 2013 ComicLink "Featured" Auction

202 posts in this topic

Mmmmm, 100 pagers I haven't bid on are going for way less than ones that I have.

Am I propping up the market? (shrug)

Every time I follow several lots of similar grade books in a run at Comic Link, the ones I bid on in the last few minutes all shoot up massively. The ones I don't bid always stay precisely where the bid was well before the end of the auction. It was enough for me to give up.

On the other hand, I just sat and watched the Flash 105 go from $12,800 to $18,255 all in the last second of bidding.

Mmmmm, 100 pagers I haven't bid on are going for way less than ones that I have.

Am I propping up the market? (shrug)

Every time I follow several lots of similar grade books in a run at Comic Link, the ones I bid on in the last few minutes all shoot up massively. The ones I don't bid always stay precisely where the bid was well before the end of the auction. It was enough for me to give up.

On the other hand, I just sat and watched the Flash 105 go from $12,800 to $18,255 all in the last second of bidding.

Heisenbergs theory of auction bidding. WHen you bid the price shoots out of your reach. WHen you sit tight, someone else gets it cheaper cause you didnt bid, eating their max bids. Happens to me too. Cant win.

I was too. Now I have to pay for it.

I'm putting that on the ledger.

I was wondering if you were the ledger keeper.

Congratulations!!! :headbang:

Anyone surprised at the 9.0 FF 1 not breaking $100K?
Yes.

That is perhaps the best exchange I have seen on these boards in awhile.

Finally. I have wanted this book in this grade for as long as I can remember.

I am a big John Ford fan. "The Searchers" is one of my all time favorite films.....for so many different reasons. The final shot alone makes it one of the greatest films of all time in my opinion. Don't get me started on how much I love Monument Valley.

With that said, I know that the book went for a very high amount, but if I had let this one get away, I would have always regretted it. You don't look as long as I have for a NM copy and hold out for the next one to come along.

TheSearchers_zpsbf19881c.jpg