• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just dropped my comic shop because they ticked me off!

112 posts in this topic

It was on my pull list and they accidently overlooked it! Looks like some boardies lack ethics in their everyday practice by siding with slimeball store owners like this.

]Book on your pull list not available because comic shop owner decided to sell your reserved copy at a premium somewhere else = unprofessional and unethical[/b]

Book not on your pull list -- or you don't even have a pull list with the shop -- and the shop owner doesn't have the hot book available = occupational hazard of chasing after a suddenly hot book that you don't already have reserved somewhere

The first, I'd be royally upset about the second. The second, I'd only be upset with myself. (shrug)

If that's true, then your reading comprehension of my post is equal to theirs in reading your pull list, since I clearly said I'd be royally ticked if my copy was pulled to sell at a premium somewhere else.

Your anger at me is misplaced. If that's what happened -- and stating that initially would have cleared up any confusion anyone had to begin with -- then you should find another shop to give your business to.

It was on my pull list and they accidently overlooked it! Looks like some boardies lack ethics in their everyday practice by siding with slimeball store owners like this.

Book on your pull list not available because comic shop owner decided to sell your reserved copy at a premium somewhere else = unprofessional and unethical

Book not on your pull list -- or you don't even have a pull list with the shop -- and the shop owner doesn't have the hot book available = occupational hazard of chasing after a suddenly hot book that you don't already have reserved somewhere

The first, I'd be royally upset about the second. The second, I'd only be upset with myself. (shrug)

Pull List

In collecting, a pull list is used in regards to the list of comic books you are regularly buying at a FLCS or through an online retailer. To ensure that you get the comic books that you want, most retailers offer some kind of subscription service where you might put a deposit down or credit card on file and then write down the list of comic books you want each month.

Not you, others on this post. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

]Book on your pull list not available because comic shop owner decided to sell your reserved copy at a premium somewhere else = unprofessional and unethical[/b]

If that's true, then your reading comprehension of my post is equal to theirs in reading your pull list, since I clearly said I'd be royally ticked if my copy was pulled to sell at a premium somewhere else.

Your anger at me is misplaced. If that's what happened -- and stating that initially would have cleared up any confusion anyone had to begin with -- then you should find another shop to give your business to.

Book on your pull list not available because comic shop owner decided to sell your reserved copy at a premium somewhere else = unprofessional and unethical

Ease off the throttle there,chief. Maybe next time trying giving all the info in a rational manner and you might be better received.

Or continue losing your mess like the world ended five minutes ago.

Their store policy is that they pull the books on the list and you pay when they arrive. That didn't happen!

Pull List

In collecting, a pull list is used in regards to the list of comic books you are regularly buying at a FLCS or through an online retailer. To ensure that you get the comic books that you want, most retailers offer some kind of subscription service where you might put a deposit down or credit card on file and then write down the list of comic books you want each month.

Ok so I am a regular customer who goes there and buys every week. I get there as they open their doors at 11AM, about ten of us are there. All the new comics are out for sale except Batman Inc #8. I asked him why aren't there any issues of that, he said sold out!!! *&^%* bull(*&^^ I will NEVER go there again!!

Phat Collectibles in Huntington Beach (tsk)

At least you dont have to face scammer inc(pgx) at your LCS.Nostalgia Collectibles in Eugene,Oregon has both Dan Patterson and Ryan Elliott as customers.That is where they got all those copies of walking dead 100.

And of course the ulmite old school scammer Ed Heaton.Master of the magic marker.Known as 54desto on ebay.

Not you, others on this post. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

No problem. (thumbs u

Like I said, if that happened to me, I would be royally ticked off, and that would be the end of my business relations with that shop.

I asked him why aren't there any issues of that, he said sold out!!! *&^%* bull(*&^^ I will NEVER go there again!!

He is Hitler.

I asked him why aren't there any issues of that, he said sold out!!! *&^%* bull(*&^^ I will NEVER go there again!!

He is Hitler.

He's no Hitler I am gonna call him mess-ler.

I hear that Hitler used to keep the RRPs for himself to sell on ReichBay.

No, just a greedy unethical scummmbag

He is Hitler.

No, just a greedy unethical scummmbag

He is Hitler.

Can you please learn to reply on the bottom like an educated human?

This isn't your AOL board.

I don't have a pull-list. I do, however, have a tug-list.

Handjobs.

Only Roy is allowed to answer his own innuendo-laden posts with unnecessarily overt ones.

My seven year old loves to read. He's sitting next to me right now and reads aloud, "I just dropped my comic shop because they ticked me off!" lol

He has some interesting reading ahead of him.

Hitler, c*ntlips and handjobs. Oh my.

I don't have a pull-list. I do, however, have a tug-list.

Handjobs.

Only Roy is allowed to answer his own innuendo-laden posts with unnecessarily overt ones.

How do you expect me to improve as a man without imitating Roy?