• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metropolis Comics... 9.8......

186 posts in this topic

another Pete??!!

Could you repeat? grin.gif

893frustrated.gif If I had 5 cents for EVERY time I heard that joke...

the funny thing always is people think they are being SO clever when they tell it! insane.gif

If I had a PENNY for everytime someone says "If I had five cents for EVERY time I heard that joke..." well - I would have more money than you! tongue.gifcrazy.gif

I'll give you both a Quarter if you promise to stop it right there! sumo.gif

I'll take that quarter. But I tell you, if I had a two-cent piece for every time someone used the sumo.gif in a post................. 27_laughing.gif

DOH ! foreheadslap.gif

My last order of DC BA Horror arrived today -all from 9.4 - 9.6. Sending back three. Keeping 12. Good ratio. Yes, books are pricey but the small details - those 2 or 3 small color breaks on the spice I may find at an LCS - well - they not here.

Anyway - am posting the first - a 9.8. Now I HAVE to make a caveat. My newish HP scanner really does awful jobs on corners. Stuff simply isn't there, even when I look at under a loupe. But they appear in the scan - and my loupes are 5 - 20 power.

Anyway - here is a scan of the 9.8 I am keepng. The other 9.8 is going back because of one small color breaking crease on the spine - ticked me off because otherwise was just gorgeous.

Anyway - am putting the scans up as URLs because they are kind of large.

Will be posting a few 9.4/9.6 for your consdieration as well. Overall, while I am paying a premium, I have to say I am VERY impressed.

One thing - and will PM Metropolisent (be it Steve or Vine) and suggest they re-holster their high grade books in Mylite 2/buffered boards. Almost all of the 9.4 and 9.6 books I got were packed in Mylite 2/buffered. The two 9.8 books I got were in the [!@#%^&^] plain bags and [!@#%^&^] plain boards.

An aside - I LIKE the Metropoilis label. It helps me to catalogue the books and has a lot of white space for me to write how much I paid and any notations I want to include.

SOHH 11 - Front

SOHH 11 - Back

Im laughing because that looks more like crapola fever than Picasso fever! Where are the profiled noses on foreheads, ferchrissakes?? Ill bet Kaluta doesnt even like Picasso!

Hey! Don't you go dissing my Kaluta!

I think it is a stupid cover - but just this side of stupid that I like it! grin.gif

This place is Haunted! ooo.gif

The whole non-flame un-war between POV and BOC I was reading disappeared before my very eyes as I turned the page.

Well, they'll have to take a number just like everyone else JC.

Yep, it's time for me to take a break from buying comics. thumbsup2.gif

You've taken so many breaks from buying that by now you must be completely broke!! 27_laughing.gif

(ps. I got your email about the DD 77, I agree it's probably about a 9.0... gossip.gif)

Well, they'll have to take a number just like everyone else JC.

Yep, it's time for me to take a break from buying comics. thumbsup2.gif

You've taken so many breaks from buying that by now you must be completely broke!! 27_laughing.gif

(ps. I got your email about the DD 77, I agree it's probably about a 9.0... gossip.gif)

893naughty-thumb.gif

I won't be fooled with this type of propaganda! sumo.gif

J.C.

I love you (as much as one man love another man) cloud9.gif

Okay, I'll admit that one had me laughing. 27_laughing.gif

Think you're laughing now, wait until you see Red's new T-shirt design!! 27_laughing.gif