• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metropolis Comics... 9.8......

186 posts in this topic

Hey, I know that DD 77 is a 9.6. Don't mess with my head!

Apparently you didn't note the non-color breaking crease in the bottom right corner? 9.4 maybe, but no way that book's a 9.6! 893naughty-thumb.gif

We try our best. If people are unhappy with a grade on a given book, we are more than happy to take the book back. In some cases, books experience slight damage after they are graded. It happens.

If people want CGC 9.8s, they should buy books already in CGC holders that state 9.8 at the top. No one should buy raw books from anyone with the expectation of getting a 9.8 from CGC. If it happens great, but don't expect it.

If a buyer disagrees with a grade, sometimes I will agree with them and sometimes not. I have attempted to sell high grade books to certain people who 'ya just can't please. Standards that are one-sided (in their favor). When these same individuals attempt to sell me books, those incredibly strict standards seem to go out the window.

Steve

It all comes down to opinions. One persons NM is another persons VF. Steve is right, they DO try. I have bought books from them and sent them back, I have also bought books and kept them. The fact that they are cool about a return speaks volumes for their service. A-1 in my book.

I am still waiting for Robert Beerbread to call me back on the NM /VG book he sold me. He never even acknowledged my email or call. Metopolis will contact you right away and they do a great job.

"Returned merchandise must be received by us within seven (7) days of the date from which you contact us regarding the return."

I believe this policy makes it virtually impossible for non-US customers to adhere to (and did I have 4 days left or 7?), so rather than getting more irritated ("sorry, your books arrived 9 days - two days after the deadline!!"), I just ate the loss.

This return policy is considered industry standard. It gave you enough time to return any books. However, if you needed more time, all you had to do was ask. It would have not been a problem.

Stephen

If you want to stay in business you need a policy, 7 or 14 days, etc.. The point is to not let someone show the book all over town, and get a case of buyers remorse. they send it back and it is in less than advertised shape. Ten people cracked it open and paged through it.

If you want to stay in business you need a policy, 7 or 14 days, etc.. The point is to not let someone show the book all over town, and get a case of buyers remorse. they send it back and it is in less than advertised shape. Ten people cracked it open and paged through it.

I agree, but a little leniency for International customers might be nice. With the new laws, customs might hold the package for a week or two...

I agree, but a little leniency for International customers might be nice. With the new laws, customs might hold the package for a week or two...

Actually I thought SF said there was no problem with lenience. Yes, I guess relaxing the return criteria on their web site would be good, but he DID relax them here at any rate. grin.gif

in the past when i have bought from metropolis their silver and bronze are right on the money,but i have bought some spideys from the late 80s that were listed as 10.0s that would have graded at 9.4s and 9.8s that would have been 9.2s.all in all though i think metropolis is an A+++ company and would not hesitate to do business with again. thumbsup2.gif

My purchases from Metropolis from the past couple years went like this:

X-men #50 they graded 9.4 - CGC gave a 9.2

X-men #126 they graded 9.6 - CGC gave 9.6 (if I remember correctly)

so many multiples of Byrne books I can't remember

X-men #45 they graded 9.2 - I did not submit to CGC, looked 8.0 to me

After reading all of the posts on this thread I decided to pick up a couple of books to check things out (disclosure - I am from Canada). Here is how it worked out:

Batman #243 NM 9.4: BEAUTIFUL - looks 9.4, but there are a couple of printing press creases/wrinkles on the back cover. I will be sending this one in to see how harsh CGC is with this type of defect.

Detective #411 VF+ 8.5: looks more 8.0ish due to a couple of corner bends, but it is just as nice some of the VF/NM books I have picked up from other "reputable" dealers, and it was on sale.

Overall, a pleasant experience. I will buy from Metropolis again.