• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your new Modern OA here!
3 3

1,483 posts in this topic

I've never shared the majority of what I'm about to post before. I have a CAF page, but only have 3 covers on it. But I figure, since some pieces I've owned upwards of 10 yrs, why not finally share with my fellow boardies. I have always tried to buy 1-2 pieces of any comic that I loved, so forgive me for the length of this post. :foryou:

My collection pales in comparison of the likes of Felix (Nexus) or Court, but it has brought much enjoyment to me these last ten or so years.

My love for the Sandman series is deep, and unfortunately most of the McKean covers are upwards of $20,000, well out of my price range. So this Death page is my devotion for the whole series, and perhaps one day I'll afford a cover.

Deathpage.jpg

And framed:

frames027.jpg

One of my favorite artists in general is James Jean. He has claimed that he'll never do comics again, but hope that he will one day continue. I had to purchase a huge collection, in order to get these, but it was well worth it.

Fables: Fables36-1.jpg

And my personal favorite:

JackofFables2cover.jpg

Goon page:

GoonPage-1.jpg

And if you look closely, you'll see "Die" hidden within the clouds.

Goonpage.jpg

Some of you may not know, but I've been lucky enough to work with James O'Barr on my upcoming book. He was nice enough to give me signed prints of The Crow, and here's a piece that I like a lot that he gave me last year:

scan0001-1.jpg

Some of the many pages from: Y the Last man (some may be going to another boardie shortly)

04662029-c7be-40d1-9a52-331701d7cf92.jpg

Picture362.jpg

Picture363.jpg

c6cc42cb-3e90-4529-a323-99a790a35cf3.jpg

(i have most pages from issue 32 and 33, so mostly the same...)

Always been a fan of Batman, so here's a nice page from Benes:

3394b055-cf71-45f6-8c85-991e0a4f429c.jpg

(I have other Batman pages, but this is probably the best)

Don't underestimate the power of sketch cards! From my good friend, and great artist: Gary Kezele

kezeleap2.jpg

Some of my recent purchases:

Peter Panzerfaust #8 cover (Thanks Court):

ppcover.jpg

Five Ghosts Eccc Cover

1efb144e-47b3-4210-9cb8-f8a30a0f6f99.jpg

And last but certainly not least:

Chew 4 and Walking Dead 63 covers.

Picture377-1.jpg

Picture380.jpg

Edited by cujobyte

Thanks for the kind words guys. Yeah, I only have 3 of these pieces even on my CAF. A fellow boardie finally convinced me to show off some of these, I have a LOT of other pages and probably another cover or two I haven't shown yet, perhaps I'll get to those by the weekend.