• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your new Modern OA here!
3 3

1,483 posts in this topic

How about some more love for Rachel Rising? I wanted a nice page by Terry Moore and to me Issue 11 Page 18 really showed the mood of the story. I couldn't purchase this page fast enough when Terry posted it on his website for sale. :)

rachelrising11p18b.jpg

ohhhhhh!

did you pick up any Jet pages? :cloud9:

No. I only have the one page from Terry for the time being but at some point would like to pick up another page. It will probably be a page from Strangers In Paradise though. Terry writes great stories with fantastic art. :)

I wanted a nice action page from Y: The Last Man. When I saw Issue 13 Page 19 on Jose Marzan's website I had to pick it up.

ythelastman13p19.jpg

When I read Y: The Last Man there was only one page that I really wanted. For me this was THE Y: The Last Man page that I had to own. Issue 15 Page 11. I love the panel of 355 hugging Yorick. It is the sentiment that I had reading the whole story. Yorick and 355 ending up being together. I never figured I would be able to find this page since I just read the story recently but it turned out Pia Guerra still had the page so I was able to purchase it through Cadence Comic Art. :D

ythelastman15p11.jpg

Great pages. :applause:

How about some more love for Rachel Rising? I wanted a nice page by Terry Moore and to me Issue 11 Page 18 really showed the mood of the story. I couldn't purchase this page fast enough when Terry posted it on his website for sale. :)

rachelrising11p18b.jpg

BEAUTIFUL!

Thanks guys. I am very pleased to have them. :)

Okay. Here is something you don't find everyday. A Jeff Smith Bone piece. The was published as the cover to the TPB The Complete Bone Adventures #3. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be able to find a Jeff Smith piece. Let alone be able to afford it. Getting this piece was just pure luck. It is definitely the grail piece of my collection. :cloud9:

thecompleteboneadventur.jpg

Thanks guys. I am very pleased to have them. :)

Okay. Here is something you don't find everyday. A Jeff Smith Bone piece. The was published as the cover to the TPB The Complete Bone Adventures #3. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be able to find a Jeff Smith piece. Let alone be able to afford it. Getting this piece was just pure luck. It is definitely the grail piece of my collection. :cloud9:

thecompleteboneadventur.jpg

:cloud9: Love Bone and would love to have a Jeff Smith piece.

Brings back memories of reading the books out loud to my niece

and nephew and making up voices for all the characters.

Congrats!!

I've just posted a few new modern pieces in their respective threads (PROPHET, NOWHERE MEN, HELHEIM). Rather than repost them in this thread, here's a direct link to my CAF gallery for anyone who wants to check them out:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerydetailsearch.asp?yr=2013&gcat=9754

CAF galleries are now sortable by year...I just noticed that in 2013, everything I've added has been from modern books. So the link is for my 2013 updates. I expect this trend will continue as I'm getting a lot more bang for my buck relative to older art.

Congrats! Love seeing YTLM art here (and all the art that's been posted, for that matter). Excellent two-page sequence.

Pia Guerra's art is very workmanlike. There's nothing flashy about it. But it's also perfectly suited for this series. She's underrated. Nice to see her getting some well-deserved attention...she helped make Y a classic.