• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your new Modern OA here!
3 3

1,483 posts in this topic

Fiona took commissions at NYCC last year. it was a short list that was long sold out before the event

I just couldn't pull the trigger, she was charging $300 per sketch at NYCC. I love Saga and all, but there's a good amount of nice published art that, that amount could go towards!

I'm too embarrassed to show off what I've purchased lately. My wallet is smoking after all the spending the past 3 weeks. Includes multiple covers & pages. :cry:

+1

Have something special on the way, but don't want to jinx it by posting prematurely. Will share as soon as it arrives. :)

I'm too embarrassed to show off what I've purchased lately. My wallet is smoking after all the spending the past 3 weeks. Includes multiple covers & pages. :cry:

+1

Have something special on the way, but don't want to jinx it by posting prematurely. Will share as soon as it arrives. :)

+2 Nervous until I have it in hand even though I have a deposit on it in writing.

Edited by Branget

+1

I am looking forward to that :P

Cujo too!

Branget you are a mystery.... what could you possibly not have that you are nervous about? Whips out a YTLM cover earlier and I am supposed to believe you are sh***ing your pants over something else?

Nah... I'm only kidding. Clearly you still harbour a strong love for the hobby (10% kidding) ;)

Something about one of a kind items makes me nervous until I have them in hand. Looks like I have to stay nervous until May.

I need to post my other YTLM cover. :)

Still enjoying the odd re-read and frequent flip to some of the memorable moments. Have loved a lot of the vertigo stuff in general over the years tbh.

Never really caught the OA bug early enough whilst the books I used to read were selling, before the market really picked up or before my priorities in life changed a lot... looking at the flip side it's also a bullet to dodge :P Happy with my solitary page. Was going to add a couple and then noticed Splash had sold the lot in one go. Definitely seems very scarce now on the primary market, even secondary has slowed but not cooled... meh. Makes me wonder if other people are now also looking back at BKV's work or revisiting it after Saga.

Here are a few other ones :cloud9:

Darrow was a ton of fun to talk to so I had to buy something. I found his prices to actually be really reasonable.

s3qy7col.jpg

Tyler and Kurtis are always great to chat with.

eUid4u8l.jpg

Scott Kowalchuk! Really great guy. He has a couple projects at ONI coming out this year I believe.

dSeg3u7l.jpg

Probably be buried with this lol

GITAAgwl.jpg

I love James Stokoe's stuff, especially since he does hand lettering like the old days :preach:

401atfal.jpg

I sent payment to a popular artist 2 weeks ago, have recieved emails from him. To me the $ amount was signifigant, $250. It doesn't seem like getting the page in the mail is high on his priority list. My question is how long on average does it take you guys to recieve stuff once you pay? How long have you waited for a piece? Not a comission but a finished page. I'm sure i will get it but i figured it wouldn't take that long to package and pop in the mail. Thanks for any answers guys.

just message him, and say that you are excited to get it, and wondering what sort of time frame you should expect to have it in.

No artist will mind someone excited about their work, and looking to enjoy it.