• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whose got the best copy on the boards?

1,179 posts in this topic

CaptainMidnight21.jpg

Funny story about this book. Many years ago, the dentist put out a catalog. In it, he had almost the full run of Church Captain Midnights. Dave wanted a few Church Actions that I had, so I traded them to him for a stack of books listed in his catalog. One of the books was a Fawcett that he'd priced at $275. I wasn't happy with that particular book, so I called him and asked if I could trade the Fawcett for a golden age Batman that was priced exactly the same.

Dave proceeded to tell me that a $275 Fawcett wasn't worth as much as a $275 Batman. I responded, "wouldn't they both be worth $275, by your own pricing?" hm

He wouldn't budge, so I traded the book I was unhappy with for the Church Cap Midnight #21, which I was very happy with. I owned it raw for a number of years. Happy to see it found a good home. (thumbs u

... a $275 Fawcett wasn't worth as much as a $275 Batman.

how astute

Incomparable! (worship)

CaptainMidnight17.jpg

I agree. That's one of my favorite covers. I love the caption at the bottom, too.

I like this one a lot, too. I think #11 may have a better cover, but Alan will have to post his copy. Mine's not too great.

Twist my arm! :cry:

Church

CaptMidnight11.jpg

[font:Times New Roman]Another sharp looking secondy bestest copy (the only one higher being the 9.2) with nice PQ...[/font]

969fb361-a160-450e-b5d7-98af74dacbfa_zpsf3b7e81d.jpg

Very cool! You don't see this one too often. :headbang:

CaptainMidnight21.jpg

Funny story about this book. Many years ago, the dentist put out a catalog. In it, he had almost the full run of Church Captain Midnights. Dave wanted a few Church Actions that I had, so I traded them to him for a stack of books listed in his catalog. One of the books was a Fawcett that he'd priced at $275. I wasn't happy with that particular book, so I called him and asked if I could trade the Fawcett for a golden age Batman that was priced exactly the same.

Dave proceeded to tell me that a $275 Fawcett wasn't worth as much as a $275 Batman. I responded, "wouldn't they both be worth $275, by your own pricing?" hm

He wouldn't budge, so I traded the book I was unhappy with for the Church Cap Midnight #21, which I was very happy with. I owned it raw for a number of years. Happy to see it found a good home. (thumbs u

Sad but true. A $275 Fawcett is not really worth $275.

Incomparable! (worship)

CaptainMidnight17.jpg

I agree. That's one of my favorite covers. I love the caption at the bottom, too.

I like this one a lot, too. I think #11 may have a better cover, but Alan will have to post his copy. Mine's not too great.

Twist my arm! :cry:

Church

CaptMidnight11.jpg

:applause:

To Buttock.. great covers... I wish I could have met Bill Everett, he taught at SVA for a while where I also teach, but I never met him..I'm told he was a great guy.

Interesting, have you run into anyone who knew him? I'd love to hear stories. Maybe we should endow a chair... hm