• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay seller kellyssuperheroes?
11 11

1,105 posts in this topic

On 11/1/2021 at 9:38 PM, Larryw7 said:

This is getting very familiar.

I'm doing my part to "bolster" the thread up to the 10,000 page level. Seriously, why should anyone shy away now? It should also be a featured thread for newbies. Let them familiarize themselves early with what's to come if they mention the wrong name. Couldn't hurt/ 

On 11/1/2021 at 9:38 PM, Larryw7 said:

This is getting very familiar.

And if it's not bad enough already that some of these words appear in my posts, just feast your eyes on this quote from a KellySH listing: 

"Just very slight professional color-touch".  "very"? Really, shilll? 

"This is getting very familiar".  Looks damning and conclusive. 

lol

You're very familiar with Kelly Heroes listings, aren't you, Danny? I always knew who you were, but having Kellysheroes on speed dial along with shared PM's, intimate knowledge about his workings, and declaring his signatures as genuine just by looking at an eBay listing were the final pieces to the puzzle. You shouldn't have tipped your hand so clumsily. If not, no one would be having this conversation right now.

But I don't want you to leave. I've never hated you. In fact,  your knowledge is impressive and it would be cool to have you around. You were my #1 comic dealer for GA or rare books in the eighties, mainly because of your incredible Fantazia ads in OPG. Those were fun times, even though I had no idea what you were doing to the books. I can still hear youre voice answering "Fantazia!" when I called your store every couple of weeks. Phil Levine was the guy who showed me the resto on the books you sold me. Of course old Phil(RIP), nice as he was, had his own ethical lapses.

Edited by Larryw7

On 11/1/2021 at 10:17 PM, Larryw7 said:

You're very familiar with Kelly Heroes listings, aren't you, Danny?

Very familiar? All I did was search his ebay listings and quote from the first one I saw. You can do the same thing to achieve what you call expert level on his listings. Do you have any idea as to how silly that statement is? That I'm very familiar? Too familiar to possibly be anybody else but him? All because I went to one of his listings and quoted one line from it that matches the same words you used, shill? 

For you to be familiar enough to tell if I'm sufficiently familiar enough with his listings to be him, you would need expert level of his listings that surpass mine! Hence, that makes you KellySH.

You do see the logic in that, yes? Or the lack of of it? 

On 11/1/2021 at 10:17 PM, Larryw7 said:

You're very familiar with Kelly Heroes listings, aren't you, Danny? I always knew who you were, but having Kellysheroes on speed dial along with shared PM's, intimate knowledge about his workings, and declaring his signatures as genuine just by looking at an eBay listing were the final pieces to the puzzle. You shouldn't have tipped your hand so clumsily. If not, no one would be having this conversation right now.

But I don't want you to leave. I've never hated you. In fact,  your knowledge is impressive and it would be cool to have you around. You were my #1 comic dealer for GA or rare books in the eighties, mainly because of your incredible Fantazia ads in OPG. Those were fun times, even though I had no idea what you were doing to the books. I can still hear youre voice answering "Fantazia!" when I called your store every couple of weeks. Phil Levine was the guy who showed me the resto on the books you sold me. Of course old Phil(RIP), nice as he was, had his own ethical lapses.

You don't even need all this to irrefutably prove I'm KellySH. I wrote the magic word!. That he once used. Bolster. That's it. You got it, Honey. The case cracker. Me in the shower. 

Hammer.jpg.dcfb1519c7686bba7c1fabadd11cea2c.jpg

On 11/1/2021 at 1:48 PM, James J Johnson said:
Looks like a 5 wheel bench presser. I can't even bench a wheel of swiss cheese. 

The line of thinking in this thread seemed weird to me, because I don't really go to the grading/restoration area and hadn't noticed anything that raised any red flags.

So I started digging to see for myself. hm

Here is the 9th post you made on the forums:

On 1/1/2018 at 4:04 PM, James J Johnson said:

The guy on the left is Jay Cutler, a former Mr. Olympia, a big dude himself. The man on the right is morphed. Based on Cutler, the guy on the right would be about 6'6" and weigh slightly north of 500 pounds Nobody is even close to that.

Here's the most massive Mr. Olympia competitor of all time, "Big Ramy", about 5'9", who's contest, stage-ready weight is about 330 (100 pounds heavier than Arnold in his day) and goes up as high as 400 pounds off-season. These pictures aren't altered. There's no need to.

Ramy.thumb.jpg.114b63d6a28b4078d24e6d8d641aa3e5.jpg

Ramy.jpg

Here is the 13th post you made on the forums:

On 1/1/2018 at 7:13 PM, James J Johnson said:

This really exists, in arm wrestlers who specialize in right or left handed events. Here's Matthas Schlitte, German arm wrestling competitor.

article-1220536-06D3F2F0000005DC-274_468x338.jpg

Here is the 14th post you made on the forums:

On 1/1/2018 at 7:17 PM, James J Johnson said:

And then there's Jeff Dabe. arm wrestler, with the largest forearms and hands in the world on both sides.

None of these photos are altered.

Dabe.jpg

These.......along with the points brought up by@Larryw7in this post.......plus the thousands of knowledgeable and extensive posts you've made from the very beginning on grading, restoration, trimming, pressing, autographs, golden age, etc., sealed the deal for me.  I can't believe nobody pointed it out before (or I just missed it if they did).

The jig is up, Danny.........and welcome back. lol

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 10/27/2021 at 8:17 PM, James J Johnson said:

Coincidentally, I was looking at Dazzler 1s. I had one, don't know what the heck I did with it, probably misfiled somewhere, but this seller has 6 listed. Found them searching ebay for Daz 1s. 

On 10/27/2021 at 11:56 PM, James J Johnson said:

Ironically, I was looking at the seller's 6 Dazzler 1s yesterday (the 26th) at about 3:30 PM EST. I was interested in that book. Cheap. Looked nice. I can't find my Daz 1, God knows where it is and I don't remember it being better than VF anyway. I looked one more time for mine, couldn't find it and then I came back to that book at about 7PM and it was sold. So I know first hand that the 5:54PM EST Oct 26th sale time is not an ebay error because it had to have sold between 3:30, when it was available and 7PM EST when it had sold according to my clock as well as ebay's. . 

On 10/29/2021 at 7:41 PM, James J Johnson said:

Especially when I was watching that book the day before at 3:30PM and then again at 5:30PM as still available. 

The more I go back and reread the details of this scenario.......the funnier it gets. :insane:

You had misfiled your own copy of Dazzler #1 and just so happened to be in the market for one as all of this went down.  You did a search on Ebay that day for the book and found the 6 copies that KSH happened to be selling.  You also coincidentally happened to be looking at them at around the same time that Joe Peck bought his copy from KSH........viewing them at about 3:30pm that day........then again at 5:30pm.........and then finally at 7:00pm when you noticed that one of them had been sold.  

That's how you just happened to know that the 5:54pm sale time that Ebay listed for the book was probably accurate........since you just so happened to be monitoring those particular books at various times throughout the day.

You're killing me, Danny.............you're absolutely frigging killing me. lol

On 11/2/2021 at 2:48 AM, Aman619 said:

It’s funny.  He hung around for years blending in, helping out, being just a regular Joe.  Under the radar.   Must have been enjoying it… Until he hung himself talking about one of his deals and customers… and couldn’t help defending himself… 

Bingo.  If he could have held his ego in check and zipped his lips once the accusations started, he might've gotten away with it (if it wasn't for you pesky kids!).  He couldn't help himself and dug that hole quickly.   

I'm not even good at the "shill sleuthing game" and it's obvious to me.    

You did a good job of hiding out, Hammer.  Keep trying.  

On 11/2/2021 at 1:01 AM, Domo Arigato said:

The more I go back and reread the details of this scenario.......the funnier it gets. :insane:

You had misfiled your own copy of Dazzler #1 and just so happened to be in the market for one as all of this went down.  You did a search on Ebay that day for the book and found the 6 copies that KSH happened to be selling.  You also coincidentally happened to be looking at them at around the same time that Joe Peck bought his copy from KSH........viewing them at about 3:30pm that day........then again at 5:30pm.........and then finally at 7:00pm when you noticed that one of them had been sold.  

That's how you just happened to know that the 5:54pm sale time that Ebay listed for the book was probably accurate........since you just so happened to be monitoring those particular books at various times throughout the day.

That is beyond funny.  For JJJ to be tracking Dazzler #1's for possible purchase from a seller whose auctions reek of deception and fraud is even more bizarre.  From KSH's blurry photos, "slight color touch, trimmed" disclosures nicely tucked away at the very bottom of his descriptions, to the ridiculous claims of 9.8, 9.9 and 10.0 grades on his raw books?!  I have to imagine anyone with his resto and comic knowledge would stay clear of these books.  If JJJ is not Danny, could he be a partner or close associate?    

Edited by mosconi

On 11/2/2021 at 1:01 AM, Domo Arigato said:

That's what happened. Surfing ebay for B.A. issues I needed to fill holes in B.A. runs.. Thought I had both Dazzler 1s. Only had one, needed the other. Compelling evidence. lol

On 11/1/2021 at 10:44 PM, James J Johnson said:

Very familiar? All I did was search his ebay listings and quote from the first one I saw. You can do the same thing to achieve what you call expert level on his listings. Do you have any idea as to how silly that statement is? That I'm very familiar? Too familiar to possibly be anybody else but him? All because I went to one of his listings and quoted one line from it that matches the same words you used, shill? 

For you to be familiar enough to tell if I'm sufficiently familiar enough with his listings to be him, you would need expert level of his listings that surpass mine! Hence, that makes you KellySH.

You do see the logic in that, yes? Or the lack of of it? 

For people who have been around a long time, the more you talk, the more convincing it is that it's really you.  The farther down the rabbit hole you go, the more you sound exactly like you did when I was active on these boards more than ten years ago.

No one says you have to leave the boards (unless the mods kick you out again for the umpteenth time).  It's just nice when people know who they're talking to.  Helps them view things through the appropriate lens.