• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey Lighthouse--- 3 months have passed, and still no book or refund...

267 posts in this topic

i've never dealt with House, but reading all these posts and looking at his feedback i can only be lead to believe that it's a combination of him being "too busy" and just plain arrogance. It's one thing to run into problems here and there, but to have a definitive pattern of being late, ignoring emails, pulling a "houdini" for weeks and sometimes months, i can't help but think that he shouldn't be making promises and commitments that he can not obviously keep. Don't do it if you can't deliver....there needs to be some sort of professionalism that is clearly lacking.

Look, I am sure he's a honest guy. I don't doubt that fact. But there is clearly a pattern and it's not a new problem.....

People should just take their business elsewhere. That will be the only way that he'll make changes. Otherwise, where is the "penalties" for jerking people around if they keep coming back and buying from him " ?!

i've never dealt with House, but reading all these posts and looking at his feedback i can only be lead to believe that it's a combination of him being "too busy" and just plain arrogance. It's one thing to run into problems here and there, but to have a definitive pattern of being late, ignoring emails, pulling a "houdini" for weeks and sometimes months, i can't help but think that he shouldn't be making promises and commitments that he can not obviously keep. Don't do it if you can't deliver....there needs to be some sort of professionalism that is clearly lacking.

Look, I am sure he's a honest guy. I don't doubt that fact. But there is clearly a pattern and it's not a new problem.....

People should just take their business elsewhere. That will be the only way that he'll make changes. Otherwise, where is the "penalties" for jerking people around if they keep coming back and buying from him " ?!

I have never dealt with 'House either, but he returned my PMs quite promptly, he even offered to find some TPBs that i couldn't find anywhere else.

But then he just disappeared off of these boards, hope he is OK and that he can get everything sorted soon.

Just an observation....

If this was any other dealer, anywhere, there would be a verbal lynching. Seems kind of hypocritical to slam others and hold them accountable for even minor indiscretions but continuely give 'House the benefit of a doubt for what's becoming a systematic pattern of lateness and non-communication. Instead of making excuses for 'House, I'd suggest he make his own excuses here and come clean. This I talked to him last week and there are problems (again) vagueness and the associated "hope everything's OK" round of posts has become tiresome and frankly, you can only cry wolf so many many times before holding up the bull893censored-thumb.gif flag.

Jim

I have over $200 worth of stuffing owing to me and I'm half a world away. I did (coincidentally?) receive an e-mail from him yesterday telling me everything was ok. This was 5am GMT which may or may not precede the time that this thread was started.

Actually, I'm quite confident that I'll get my goods eventually, but I don't really need the stress on future orders. A great shame as his deals are superb.

I wish him and his well.

Hell, I could have just given my $$$ to charity and had more enjoyment out of it than this....

893frustrated.gif

Ill say it again...

Prove you arent a thief, and respond to my post

You make it sound like giving money to charities is like pulling teeth. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Giving money to a charity should be something that you enjoy, because you get to look down your nose at everyone who doesnt...Give money, cause I am better than you till you do. devil.gif

Just an observation....

If this was any other dealer, anywhere, there would be a verbal lynching. Seems kind of hypocritical to slam others and hold them accountable for even minor indiscretions but continuely give 'House the benefit of a doubt for what's becoming a systematic pattern of lateness and non-communication. Instead of making excuses for 'House, I'd suggest he make his own excuses here and come clean. This I talked to him last week and there are problems (again) vagueness and the associated "hope everything's OK" round of posts has become tiresome and frankly, you can only cry wolf so many many times before holding up the bull893censored-thumb.gif flag.

Jim

Word up, Brother Jim!

The more I read of this, the more I realize that 'House is falling farther and farther into the realm of "crook"... and this board is curiously hypocritical when it comes to crooks.

There's NO valid excuse for the non-shipment of these items, as MOST of them are orders that have been outstanding for MONTHS now. That's ridiculous, irresponsible, and, if I were a customer, offensive.

It takes NO time to refund money. If he's not going to send the books, he should at LEAST start refunding.

This nonsense about "extenuating circumstances" sure didn't keep him away from San Diego, and if he was well enough to go to San Diego, he SURE could have used any small amount of time leading up to the Con (no pun intended) to take care of his business.

The fact that he responded to Greggy's SINGLE email yesterday and NONE of TK's over the past MONTHS is infuriating.

Just an observation....

Jim

Word up, Brother Jim!

The more I read of this, the more I realize that 'House is falling farther and farther into the realm of "crook"... and this board is curiously hypocritical when it comes to crooks.

There's NO valid excuse for the non-shipment of these items, as MOST of them are orders that have been outstanding for MONTHS now. That's ridiculous, irresponsible, and, if I were a customer, offensive.

It takes NO time to refund money. If he's not going to send the books, he should at LEAST start refunding.

This nonsense about "extenuating circumstances" sure didn't keep him away from San Diego, and if he was well enough to go to San Diego, he SURE could have used any small amount of time leading up to the Con (no pun intended) to take care of his business.

The fact that he responded to Greggy's SINGLE email yesterday and NONE of TK's over the past MONTHS is infuriating.

While I agree with the sentiment of Jim's post, I have to disagree that it would be more of a proverbial lynching than a verbal lynching, but hey, that's the nature of the internet!

How long has this been going on now, a year? For those of you that have been affected, let me pass along the words of a very wise man:

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

I agree, and again, i'm a new guy so forgive the intrusion...BUT

Anyone who engages in SALES!...SALES folks...and cannot provide SERVICE to those sales is either a insufficiently_thoughtful_person, a thief, or should get out of business altogether. It really matters little if you're a "nice guy" or "honest" or "just a bit lazy"...what DOES matter is that a SELLER provides SERVICE for sales. Add to this the guy has dinero fom others and they have no product mad.gif say what one will, but my father taught me long ago "Son, excuses can only take you so far, and then no further"

Seems like some people on these boards are making "excuses" for this guy, and that just won't do IMO 893naughty-thumb.gif

Have to agree with MK. Sure sounds like House has friends on this board but if he has money issues then why is he spending other people's money and heading off to San Diego? Hard to defend that kind of behaviour. 3 months and he can't ship a $50 order? There is no excuse for that as far as I'm concerned especially If he is responding some emails but ignoring others.

For some reason I feel the need to say that 'House has always done well by me. I don't know what the reason is for the delays in his shipping but I sincerely hope this gets worked out. He is my favorite resource for trades and I enjoy his contributions to the board. Though it has been a while since his last post.

A month or so ago, I PM'd House regarding my interest in some trades. I like to support list members whenever I can.

After reading the previous stories, I'm glad he never replied to my inquiry. I was annoyed at the time, but now I see he really did me a favor by not responding. tongue.gif

My sympathies to all those left hanging. flowerred.gif

Well, I can unfortunately claim to be in the same boat as a lot of posters here. I've been waiting months for my order of books. I did post in a previous thread on this very topic and did get a response to my PMs, which up until that point had been ignored. He gave me four options, one of which was for a refund, and one was to stab himself in the eye with a shrimp fork. I asked him for a refund, I know he opened that PM, but all other correspondence has gone ignored. So I am seriously considering the shrimp fork option.

All kidding aside, I hate this [!@#%^&^]. I hate having to keep after people for money or the status of my order. I've gotten too many excuses from this guy. I'm pretty sure he's not a crook (if he is, he's a bad one) but seems to be a bad business person. I had this experience once before with a dealer, admittedly for a much larger sum of money, who strung me along for a while before I received a notice of bankruptcy in the mail. I certainly hope for Lighthouse's sake his case is different. But for land's sake man (shaking shoulders vigorously) stop ignoring everyone's PMs and get down to business. This is ridiculous.

I can only say that I wish House all the best now. I know that he has had some personal problems that he is working through and I wish him clear skies ahead. For those people who have yet to receive their trades, a refund, or any ackowledgement of their existance I can say that sooner or later I am sure that House will make it up to each and every one of you. I am not condoning House's behavior by any means but do not think that he is a crook. The guy gave some nice donations for the Charity auction and I have bought from him many times in the past with his "look what fell off the back of a truck" sales and have never had any problems.

House is a good guy and I hope that everything works out for everyone and House can try to re-establish his rep,

DAM

He gave me four options, one of which was for a refund, and one was to stab himself in the eye with a shrimp fork. I asked him for a refund, I know he opened that PM, but all other correspondence has gone ignored. So I am seriously considering the shrimp fork option.

i got the same PM, but i did use the shrimp fork option. 893whatthe.gif