• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey Lighthouse--- 3 months have passed, and still no book or refund...

267 posts in this topic

I think that it's great if a seller can get items at a price that enables him to offer to a buyer that gives the guy a great deal...and he still can make a living. But there is also truth in "getting what you pay for" and if i have to pay a little bit more for something, and get better customer service, then i will do so. - We've all done that....pay more for something at a particualr place because they treat you a little better at the "other place". - I live near a Home Depot and yet i go to the local hardware store to get certian items because i can never find a sales person for questions , and it's more important to me to have answers than to save a few dollars. -

the people on these boards are doing what we call "enabling" - making excuses and justifying someone's behavior that is really inexcusable.

If House can make the plans and do the things that he needs to do to go S.D. , then he can take 1 mintute and answer an email. -

if he's got personal issues like DAM60 says, then he should take a sabbatical from doing special orders.....

Oh, I agree with you hands down. I'm just guessing, and I may be wrong, that he may be in a position where he is physically unable to take care of orders. If he is in jail or the hospital he may have the ability to still answer a few e-mails, but certainly not process orders and probably not be able to make any refunds. Plus, if either of these situations is true, his comic business may be the least of his concern.

However, if he is just sitting at home dealing with personal problems of whatever nature, unless he is mentally incapacitated due to a serious illness or death in the family, then he should certainly be making good on these business transactions. I'm not trying to defend Lighthouse. But I am trying to give him the benefit of the doubt until we can at least hear his side of the story. And I am only granting him that due to my brief encounters with him, and his reputation on the boards here where he has established himself as an honest, although often tardy, businessman.----Sid

Oh, I agree with you hands down. I'm just guessing, and I may be wrong, that he may be in a position where he is physically unable to take care of orders. If he is in jail or the hospital he may have the ability to still answer a few e-mails, but certainly not process orders and probably not be able to make any refunds. Plus, if either of these situations is true, his comic business may be the least of his concern.

However, if he is just sitting at home dealing with personal problems of whatever nature, unless he is mentally incapacitated due to a serious illness or death in the family, then he should certainly be making good on these business transactions. I'm not trying to defend Lighthouse. But I am trying to give him the benefit of the doubt until we can at least hear his side of the story. And I am only granting him that due to my brief encounters with him, and his reputation on the boards here where he has established himself as an honest, although often tardy, businessman.----Sid

Sid, this has been going on for THREE MONTHS (and for some, longer than that)! He's been seen goofing off HERE in the last three months!

There is no excuse. He can give whatever reasons he wants, but he's still been documented as having been here, wasting time. Time that could have been spent filling the grossly outstanding orders that people have placed with him.

However, if he is just sitting at home dealing with personal problems of whatever nature, unless he is mentally incapacitated due to a serious illness or death in the family, then he should certainly be making good on these business transactions.

We already know it's nothing that's incapacitating him. He was in SD selling away less than a month ago. And we know he still has access to the internet based on his recent e-mails. So remaining incognito, a couple of e-mails to those still awaiting money is a few minutes process, doesn't speak well whatsoever for him. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm not trying to defend Lighthouse. But I am trying to give him the benefit of the doubt until we can at least hear his side of the story. And I am only granting him that due to my brief encounters with him, and his reputation on the boards here where he has established himself as an honest, although often tardy, businessman.----Sid

I'm not sure that last comment isn't an oxymoron. If this was any other dealer on these boards, or an eBay seller for that matter, they'd be widespread condemnation and negs would have been issued.

Is that all it takes around here to turn a blind eye? A few witty posts or a couple pics of female employees to get a free ride and what is starting to turn out to be a disturbing case of, I don't know another way of putting it, adulation?

Jim

Sid, this has been going on for THREE MONTHS (and for some, longer than that)! He's been seen goofing off HERE in the last three months!

There is no excuse. He can give whatever reasons he wants, but he's still been documented as having been here, wasting time. Time that could have been spent filling the grossly outstanding orders that people have placed with him.

Well, if that's the case, where is he, where's the noose? Let's go hang Lighthouse off of the top of the nearest lighthouse!!!! Or maybe a quick jab to the eye with a shrimp fork will do.

No, better yet....

Lighthouse, no more strippers for you!!!!!

House has been known to embellish the truth. For the longest time, he had us all thinking he ran a brick & mortar store in Oregon. foreheadslap.gif

And I agree, no more "ifs". This is inexcusable. Hasn't been the first time & it won't be the last.

House has been known to embellish the truth. For the longest time, he had us all thinking he ran a brick & mortar store in Oregon. foreheadslap.gif

And I agree, no more "ifs". This is inexcusable. Hasn't been the first time & it won't be the last.

popcorn.gif

popcorn.gif

popcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

However, if he is just sitting at home dealing with personal problems of whatever nature, unless he is mentally incapacitated due to a serious illness or death in the family, then he should certainly be making good on these business transactions.

We already know it's nothing that's incapacitating him. He was in SD selling away less than a month ago. And we know he still has access to the internet based on his recent e-mails. So remaining incognito, a couple of e-mails to those still awaiting money is a few minutes process, doesn't speak well whatsoever for him. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm not trying to defend Lighthouse. But I am trying to give him the benefit of the doubt until we can at least hear his side of the story. And I am only granting him that due to my brief encounters with him, and his reputation on the boards here where he has established himself as an honest, although often tardy, businessman.----Sid

I'm not sure that last comment isn't an oxymoron. If this was any other dealer on these boards, or an eBay seller for that matter, they'd be widespread condemnation and negs would have been issued.

Is that all it takes around here to turn a blind eye? A few witty posts or a couple pics of female employees to get a free ride and what is starting to turn out to be a disturbing case of, I don't know another way of putting it, adulation?

Jim

I have cut House slack,not due to his witty post,nor photos of alleged employees,but because of one simple fact-He has come thru with some very nice deals in the past. The fact that he has posted some great thoughts doesn't hurt,but is not really an issue.

Yes,he was a few weeks late on my hardcover OSG,but I got it at a great price. Same with every other deal we've transacted.

I strongly suggest he or a spokesman come up with a response for this thread.

look it's like this, has MHC lost any business with their over priced/graded schwag? shocked.gif no, if LH keeps coming here posting cheap subscriptions, TPB, statues, etc with free shipping. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif people are still going to buy/purchase from him. foreheadslap.gif

look it's like this, has MHC lost any business with their over priced/graded schwag? shocked.gif no, if LH keeps coming here posting cheap subscriptions, TPB, statues, etc with free shipping. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif people are still going to buy/purchase from him. foreheadslap.gif

Would you?

I have cut House slack,not due to his witty post,nor photos of alleged employees,but because of one simple fact-He has come thru with some very nice deals in the past. The fact that he has posted some great thoughts doesn't hurt,but is not really an issue.

Yes,he was a few weeks late on my hardcover OSG,but I got it at a great price. Same with every other deal we've transacted.

I strongly suggest he or a spokesman come up with a response for this thread.

I strongly suggest that he disregard your last strong suggestion, and get to filling those overdue orders and contacting customers instead of worrying about his public image on the message boards. I like TJ as much as the next guy and have never had anything but great service, but this parade of unhappy customers is unreal. The really surprising thing is, in the last month or two (roughly) I ordered two Transmetropolitan TPBs from House and got them in a couple of days. I don't know what the excuses are, but if he can provide me with TPBs, then he can do the same for you guys, or at least refund your [!@#%^&^] money.

Come on House, get your [!@#%^&^] together. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Would you?

do i still buy form MHC? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif that should answer your question, but he already knows this if he has read my PM to him. confused-smiley-013.gif

True, there's a sucker born every minute. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif