• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

March Modern Madness RULES POSTED

51 posts in this topic

RULES:

1. Buy in is going to be $5.00. You must pay by Paypal personal gift. This doesn't count towards the $20,000/200 transactions for me. If 10 brackets do not join, then everyone will be refunded.

2. We will be using ESPN. They offer the same top prize as Yahoo, but they also offer prizes for the top 1%.

3. The group is going to be locked and you will not receive the password until I receive the buy in.

4. You are allowed to submit up to 10 brackets on ESPN. I chose to limit each member to three. Each bracket will be $5.00. If you choose to enter three, one bracket has to have at least one different pick in the first round from the other two. If you only pay for one and enter two or three, then only your first bracket will count (it may not be your best bracket, but oh well).

5. The point system is live, so you will know where you stand after each game.

1st Round - 10 points

2nd Round - 20 Points

Sweet 16 - 40 Points

Elite 8 - 80 Points

Round of 4 - 160 Points

Champion - 320 Points

6. Payout. 10-19 brackets all of the money will go to 1st place. 20-27 brackets 1st place 80% 2nd place 20%. 28+ 1st place 70% 2nd place 15% 3rd place 10%. I think those payouts seem fair.

Ties are very very rare since you have to even choose the final score/point total of the final game. In the event of a tie the lowest payout group will be cancelled. It will then be split 50/50 between the ties.

7. Now since this is a modern forum the payout has to be modern. YOU MUST BUY A MODERN COMIC BOOK. If you buy from a boardie you must use 70% of your winnings and I will send you the remainder. If you buy from eBay you must use 90% of your winnings. I am trying to keep it in the community, so I think this give a bump towards that.

You have 10 days to find a comic book you want. If you do not find a one or do not reply to me in that time, then you will be refunded your $5.00 and the prize will go to the next highest ranked person.

I love the tournament & I'm a sucker for brackets - I'm in (thumbs u

So we are up to two people. I think we need at least 10. It would be nice to get enough for a PP #1 hah. But I'm expecting a lot more people to join tonight and after Sunday's selection.

Okay. I am definitely seeing interest faster than I thought I would. I will try to type up a set of rules with scoring and payout tonight. It will definitely be posted before the brackets get picked.

I know you can setup a league via yahoo fantasy sports for free. Then everyone can fill in their brackets and once the tourney starts we will be able to see what everyone selections were. It also scores everything for you so it's super simple. (You might already know about this but if not wanted to lay it out)