• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

One thing I was glad about this trailer AND i hope any other trailers they release was that I could not tell anything about the movie. I hate most trailers these days. They give the whole movie in 2 minutes, you go to the movies knowing everything. Like a crib notes for movies. I prefer that Trailers do not tell much other then the premise and the characters . Thats it. This trailer was perfect. And for those that dont like the music. The music was just for the Trailer. Most likely its not what you will hear in the background while the picture is on., And a little humor is good.

I just watched the new trailer, looks great! I convinced my younger daughter into making a Rocket R costume for the last con I took her too, she was a big hit. 100% home made

Showed her the trailer, she's pumped to see it with me. I'm glad I passed on my nerd gene.

jj040g.jpg

That's so awesome, she should wear it to the movie!

I think Rocket will be the show stealer

DnA stuff was great.

I lost interest a bit though due to all the tie-ins. Secret Invasion kinda started it off, War of Kings, Realm of Kings...

I could not bring myself to try out Bendis GoG book. I just can't. Has it been explained ANYWHERE how Star-Lord is alive and Richard Rider is not???

There are so many good opportunities for other characters...I hope Vance Astro makes it into one of the films and meets Captain America at one point. That would be cool given the history.

As for the trailer, I did kind of feel the music was a tad off and it left me slightly underwhelmed but I am still psyched for this movie. Looking forward to the next trailer.

I've been reading the current volume of GotG and I think its really good. To answer your question, no. But Bendis did write on Tumblr, answering a fan, that it will be explained.

It is the only thing that's really been disappointing in the series for me. Thanos and Star-Lord are alive and Nova's not but we have no explanation. One of the characters, I think Gamora(can't remember), asked Star-Lord, but he remained silent and then things started happening. So hopefully we'll get an answer soon.

It is the only thing that's really been disappointing in the series for me. Thanos and Star-Lord are alive and Nova's not but we have no explanation.

Easy.

Thanos and Star-Lord got blood transfusions from Norman Osborne and Bucky Barnes.

It is the only thing that's really been disappointing in the series for me. Thanos and Star-Lord are alive and Nova's not but we have no explanation.

Easy.

Thanos and Star-Lord got blood transfusions from Norman Osborne and Bucky Barnes.

:roflmao:

http://www.hsx.com/security/view/GOTGX

"investors" weren't impressed. "stock" down 12% since the trailer release.

Given that the trailer was just an introduction to the characters, there is a lot that is being held back. The next trailer will offer a better glimpse as to what praiseworthy elements are in store for us. I bet the stock will go easily go back up when that happens. Rocket Raccoon wouldn't have it any other way.

Any "investor" less excited after seeing the trailer is just not thinking. They want to see ooh wow effects and they didn't get much of that. Well, the entire trailer is groundwork in explaining the characters, which, is I dunno, a good idea maybe when your characters are a raccoon and a tree?

Any "investor" less excited after seeing the trailer is just not thinking.... when your characters are a raccoon and a tree?

hm Could there be a connection?

Super-heroes are popular because of audience projection - they see Spider-man swinging on his web, Superman flying, Batman jumping from roof to roof, Iron Man beating the out of a tank, and they identify with that primal urge to be bigger, stronger, faster - especially kids.

I see a talking raccoon and a walking tree, and I think that Disney just bought the LOTR franchise.

I showed a co-worker the trailer yesterday. She knows nothing about comic books but she watches a lot of movies. She's 20.

1st she's like oh god. :eyeroll: I said just watch it.

She laughed when she realized it wasn't a serious movie. When she saw John C. Riley she said " that guy is funny " and it made her pay more attention because she saw someone familiar.

She watched the whole thing, said she would probably see it and then immediately googled Chris Pratt lol

So, I think it did it's job in getting her to at least pay attention.

Director James Gunn has gone on the Pointless Podcast to reveal some new information about the film, specifically why we're seeing some alien species in the film and not others.

"Marvel only partially owns Skrulls, and also for the record, we don't own the Badoon either. So people were asking why we have the Sakaaran in the film, we don't own the Badoon."

We're going to venture a guess that Fox is the current "owner" of the Badoon (given their connection to the Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer).

Continuing, Gunn also spoke about who provided the motion capture and voice for Rocket Raccoon during filming, since Bradley Cooper hadn't signed on to voice the character until after production had concluded.

"My brother Sean Gunn wore a little green suit and he waddled around and he acted out Rocket. I think all of the guys will attest to the fact, and they have in all their interviews, that he was a great part of the team, and it really was Zoe, Dave, Chris, and Sean who sort of like created the energy that people will see in the movie between these four characters, who are usually at odds and sometimes find common ground. Sean was a big part of that energy and creating that, not only was a he doing a great job performing himself, but also gave the other actors something to work off of so they're not working with a tennis ball."

For those wondering when they'll get a taste of Cooper's voice as Rocket Raccoon, Gunn offered a tease saying:

"They will be hearing Rocket speak in something very, very soon."

You can listen to the interview with Gunn below, but a warning, there's some strong language inside.

:applause: (thumbs u