• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

Showed the trailer to my wife and she wasn't impressed.

Either way she is still going to see it opening weekend. lol

lol

I have skipped showing the trailer to my wife for the same reason. I actually tricked her into watching Pacific Rim telling her it was an adventure romance film. I'll have to come up with something different for GotG.

lol

I have skipped showing the trailer to my wife for the same reason. I actually tricked her into watching Pacific Rim telling her it was an adventure romance film. I'll have to come up with something different for GotG.

high tech team that are trying to steal the most rarest item in the world.

lol

And the rarest item in the world is....

Princess Kate's diamond-encrusted baby shoes hand-delivered to her by the Queen of England riding a Clysdale horse with a trumpeting entourage draped in velvet.

That just might work. hm

lol

And the rarest item in the world is....

Princess Kate's diamond-encrusted baby shoes hand-delivered to her by the Queen of England riding a Clysdale horse with a trumpeting entourage draped in velvet.

That just might work. hm

it could and you can say Bradley Cooper is in the moving.

http://www.hsx.com/security/view/GOTGX

"investors" weren't impressed. "stock" down 12% since the trailer release.

The Hollywood Stock Exchange, or HSX, is a web-based, multiplayer game in which players use simulated money to buy and sell "shares" of actors, directors, upcoming films, and film-related options. ...

NOT REAL MONEY...

It will be interesting to see how Astonish 13 / hulk 271 / preview 7 do in the next little while.

Hopefully awesome! I have MP 7's and a 4 coming back from fast track, and a ST180 going to get fast tracked. C'mon MONEY$$

I must say this movie looks like it will be fun!

But, then again, that's what trailers are supposed to do.

It does seem to capture the essence of the comic books, although I'm not a huge fan of what they've done with the characters. They're are all wise-crackin' now. Yes, the comics are entertaining, but I just have a hard time with GAMORA and DRAX delivering one-liners.

Count me in as none of those who will go see it on the big screen. :popcorn:

One of my big concerns with this movie is the director. He really hasn't directed anything good.

Slither was pretty good. He's a newcomer, for sure. But, I'm glad to see Marvel taking a chance.

Slither was disgustingly awesome! :headbang: I loved the "flashback" scene where it shows how the dinosaurs became extinct. I thought it was brilliant.

Slither is hilarious. I laughed out loud several times when I saw it the 1st time, many more than that on the 2nd and 3rd viewings. But James Gunn is no newcomer and is one of the most talented folks in Hollywood. It's no surprise that Disney pegged him for this. Having worked with Joss Whedon and being a Marvel Zombie might have helped as well. Dawn of the Dead, The Specials and Super might have helped a little as well.

IMO Slither that film was a great example of how things can go right when you allow the same person to write and direct a film. Sure, it wasn't a box office hit but you never expect that from an R rated movie with no stars about a hive mind that takes over planets by using millions of slugs. His other credits speak for themselves - most of you would be surprised by heading over to IMDB and reading about everything he's written, directed and acted in.

I still stand behind my earlier claims that this film will be one of the biggest Blockbusters of all time and this generation's Star Wars. It's going to be a perfect storm. An easy 800+ million Worldwide and multiple viewings by kids who drag their folks back for a 2nd viewing will guarantee this. You can try and point to Captain America and Thor and their Worldwide $$$ performance as an example of why this won't come close but this is a totally different animal. The differences should be obvious - this is a multi-ethnic/multi-species film and will appeal to everyone. Gunn will bring a quirky and subversive sense of humor and this movie is going to hit it out of the park. People would LOVE something different and they're going to get it. Rocket & Groot alone will become pop-culture icons.

I'll point to Geoff's/Awax's post as a perfect indicator:

I showed a co-worker the trailer yesterday. She knows nothing about comic books but she watches a lot of movies. She's 20.

1st she's like oh god. :eyeroll: I said just watch it.

She laughed when she realized it wasn't a serious movie. When she saw John C. Riley she said " that guy is funny " and it made her pay more attention because she saw someone familiar.

She watched the whole thing, said she would probably see it and then immediately googled Chris Pratt lol

So, I think it did it's job in getting her to at least pay attention.

A lot of folks are going to go and see this film based simply on the WTF? factor that accompanies it leading up to the debut of the film. They'll love it, spread the word and Marvel will have their next huge hit on their hands.

This is Comics General on the CGC Boards and folks are bound to be critical. There's already a huge bias here since it's not the "original" GOTG from 1969 and people aren't getting Vance Astro or Chunky or even Korvac. Just like people complained incessantly about Doc Ock before Spidey 2 came out and Wolverine being 6 foot and not wearing yellow spandex.

How about we go to the movies and ditch any pre-conceptions or expectations and just see if a movie can entertain us for 2 hours on a Saturday afternoon? Seriously, do you know how cool it is to get an original idea like this out of Hollywood? I can't wait :banana: But some of you aren't happy until Galactus the Purple People Eater is wearing the same exact short-shorts that he was designed with in 1966 and anything else is heresy.

after the trailer premiered, Hooked on a Feeling increased download sales by 700%. I'm going to have that song in my head for a long time.

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/5915509/guardians-of-the-galaxy-trailer-sends-hooked-on-a-feeling-sales-through

I've been listening to a vinyl rip of it on repeat for the past 15 minutes... :headbang:

Just like people complained incessantly about Doc Ock before Spidey 2 came out and Wolverine being 6 foot and not wearing spandex...

But some of you aren't happy until Galactus the Purple People Eater is wearing the same exact short-shorts that he was designed with in 1966 and anything else is heresy.

For th record... The Wolverine sucked. Wolverine origins sucked. Yeah still not happy with that casting... But you know what, it's not Marvel doing those horrible movies. And I'd be stoked to see a 60ft Galactus wearing purple panties. Soooo I guess your point is 100% valid... Stick to the source and deviate only when it won't translate.

But some of you aren't happy until Galactus the Purple People Eater is wearing the same exact short-shorts that he was designed with in 1966 and anything else is heresy.

lol

Isnt that about the truth of it. Some on here are so ridiculously tight/clenched about their characters. Be happy GoG is seeing some love.

My kids are gonna love that Coon. My 12 year old loved the trailer. My 10 year old daughter even agreed to go see it. Why? She loved the Coon.