• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

They need to find an imposing figure, with some acting ability and go with a combo of make up and costume combined with CGI.

If they can't find an actor with both the physical presence and acting chops, I wonder could they use another actor's voice? Thanos "casting call" anyone?

MTV have a new clip and the following write-up.

The Orb

From what we know of the "Guardians of the Galaxy" story so far, this little ball is going to play a big part. It's unclear whether the artifact that Star-Lord so artfully pulls from its pedestal is one of the Infinity Stones teased in "Thor: The Dark World," but it's certainly powerful enough that some of the universe's most dangerous bad guys want to get their hands on it.

Guardians_Ball.gif

The scene has the feel of a sci-fi "Raiders of the Lost Ark" with a more high-tech method for grabbing the loot. That being the case, of course Star-Lord needs a thrilling escape.

The Helmet

Getting held up by Korath probably wasn't great for Star-Lord's ego, but he responds with a pretty badass escape. He drops to the floor, throws on his signature helmet and rockets out of there with boosts hidden in his boots.

Guardians_Mask.gif

The masked look played a big part in bringing Star-Lord back into the comics in the late 2000s, helping to redefine the classic character. Also, the headgear just looks cool. In the clip, we can see how the movie version is activated and comes together to cover Pratt's face.

The Jump

Later in the clip, Star-Lord shows that he's more than a dude with guns and a sweet helmet. The man has some hops.

Guardians_Jump.gif

It's all looking pretty good!

Saw the GOTG trailer in the theater before the new Cap movie. Pretty flat response from the audience.

Maybe because everyone has already seen it 10x already on YouTube? (shrug) I know I did. :cloud9:

+1

I was supremely disappointed that we didn't get a new trailer.

However, my wife said it looks dumb. I think they need another trailer soon to give people who are not familiar with the franchise the idea behind the story and what's going on.

Is Angela in this movie?

I don't believe so - from what it sounds like, this movie is inspired/based on the 2008 series.

As far as Angela goes, I think it's pretty disappointing that they have done practically nothing with her since she showed up. The Marvel NOW GOTG is not very strong - I'm still reading it, but it's been a disappointment up to now.

As far as she goes, it seems that Marvel is treating her as a novelty, not a legitimate character - so with that being said, I'd say they won't even bother with a namedrop or cameo.

I've been digging GOTG currently except the crossover with All New X-Men didn't have too much to do with them.

Angela so far has slowly developed a friendship with Gamora and thats about it. I do wish she'd get a little more focus or maybe a solo mini series or something.

James Gunn says GOTG's connected to Avengers 3... Infinity Gauntlet? hm

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/04/10/guardians-of-the-galaxy-connected-to-avengers-3/

So many of the characters in GotG are connected to Thanos in the comics, that I just always figured the movie was going to be about the gang intercepting or interacting with Thanos and/or his minions as he's on his way to earth for his date with the Avengers in A3.

Agreed. There's gotta be an actor who looks like this.

2818d2.jpg

Disney has requested that I play Thanos.

There must have been a petition signed by a zillion college girls for Disney to do that.

Well done!

They need to find an imposing figure, with some acting ability and go with a combo of make up and costume combined with CGI.

If they can't find an actor with both the physical presence and acting chops, I wonder could they use another actor's voice? Thanos "casting call" anyone?

I think Micheal Clark Duncan would have been a perfect choice to play Thanos.

He is a very imposing man, and he has a great deep voice to add to the character.

Too bad. :(

He is a very imposing man, and he has a great deep voice to add to the character.

I would disagree on this simply for the fact that every time Thanos uttered a word you'd think "Hey! Michael Clark Duncan!" and it would pull you out of the moment.

They need an unknown.

Peace,

Chip

I would disagree on this simply for the fact that every time Thanos uttered a word you'd think "Hey! Michael Clark Duncan!" and it would pull you out of the moment.

They need an unknown.

Peace,

Chip

They would need to/ could manipulate the voice to add some special effects to give him the "titan" quality. Doesn't matter anyways as MCD is no longer with us.

I hope you are not bothered by Vin Diesel voicing Groot....