• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

I thought the same thing. This must be a credit scene.

LATINO REVIEW EXCLUSIVE: Josh Brolin To Play THANOS in 'Guardians of the Galaxy'

We don't know how big Thanos' plan is, but we know from Thor: The Dark World that The Collector is collecting powerful mystical objects that most speculate will make up the Marvel Cinematic Universe's version of the Infinity Gauntlet. If the Gauntlet is coming to screen, so is Thanos.

An article on James Gunn's post-production process reported a scene with Thanos on a rocket throne in Act 3, which suggests an appearance long enough that someone is going to have to voice the Mad Titan, someone that could take the part into Avengers 3 as a major villain.

Nebula excited over Brolin casting

guardians-of-the-galaxy-nebula.jpg

At the Wizard World Atlanta Comic Con this weekend, Karen Gillan, who plays Nebula in Guardians of the Galaxy commented briefly on Josh Brolin being cast as Thanos in the film.

“That’s so cool,” said Gillan. When it was suggested that Brolin might be able to give her some good western voice tips for her upcoming film In a Valley of Violence, Gillan said, “You’re right. That’s the person to talk to. I will.”

Getting super psyched for this film. Brolin is a great choice.

+ 1

This is going to be the surprise hit of 2014. And that would be fanastic news when Disney realizes the deeper goldmine it has bought into with all those decades of characters in the Marvel vault.

I certainly hope I am wrong, but this movie does not look appealing at all. I have no desire to see it as of yet, but if the reviews are good that may change. It kind if looks like the video game Star Fox came to life and became a mediocre CGI film.

How Much is Thanos in Guardians of the Galaxy?

Vulture claims that Thanos will appear in the first act of Guardians of the Galaxy, albeit as a hologram and not in person. He'll continue to appear this way for much of the film and is reportedly referenced by other characters throughout, though he does have one scene where he appears in the flesh, sharing the screen with Lee Pace's Ronan the Accuser and Karen Gillan's Nebula. So it seems that once again Thanos will be the puppeteer, waiting in the shadows for his big debut, which presumably will come during The Avengers 3.