• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

I believe Gunn or Feige has confirmed that as a negative.

Peace,

Chip

Thanks Chip. I saw this graphic online that seems to indicate he will but I would think it would have leaked already.

561D6C16-CE3E-4466-8A4A-A563A1F18357_zpsml1ms4g1.jpg

people may have speculated because for a short time ironman went into space & was a gotg member & if I recall right this was around when news first started popping up about the movie

Just saw this:

Announcing Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: An IMAX® 3D First Look, a special event showing 17 minutes of exclusive film footage! This free sneak peek will be showcased in 150 IMAX® theatre locations across North America on July 7 at 7PM, and tickets will be on a first-come, first-served basis. Go HERE now to get yours. Fans who attend this sneak peek will also receive a limited-edition collectible Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy IMAX poster!

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=102658#DfUEgmx1Rht6JvrS.99

Get tickets here: http://www.seeitfirst.net/pin/552287

rHjVXDT.jpg

Thanks for posting! I have a theater close to where I work. Wonder if the poster will be worth anything hm hm

Wonder if the poster will be worth anything hm hm

No, because everyone will be thinking the same thing. It's a cool poster.

I personally wish people could just enjoy the movies without thinking about dollars. :pullhair:

My only problem is the nearest is 30 minutes away from me (3 different showings all of which are 30 min away!)

If it were the entire movie, I'd leave work early and drive across town. For a 17 minute promo reel in 3d + a poster, I'll just wait a few more weeks and see the real movie 5 minutes from my house.

Also the poster will most likely be in the 11x17 size range like the iMax exclusive midnight poster for ASM2 (and other similarly released posters.)

James Gunn On GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Being The Exact Movie He Wanted To Make

And how he felt when offered the chance to direct Guardians of the Galaxy.

Gunn: Have you ever seen one of those 'American Idol' contestants start crying when they win 'American idol'? That's what it felt like. It did. For real.

Now that is a cool when a director is this excited over the movie he is leading. I'm going to assume his commitment to the final content is going to be out of this world great.

Wait. 'Out of this world great'?

:whee:

Is it seriously only 17 minutes long? :(

It is a promotional reel that will feature 17 minutes of the film that will not be shown in any other promotional material leading up to the movie's release.

Had tickets for it yesterday but did not go.

However, I was at the mall briefly and saw a kid run out of the Lego Stor after getting a Guardians Rocket Raccoon and Groot Lego set.

That is a good sign as in this age you don't want to simply see the movie do well, you want to see the merchandising fly off the shelves. Remember:

Merchandising!

yogurtDoll.jpg

Wonder if the poster will be worth anything hm hm

No, because everyone will be thinking the same thing. It's a cool poster.

I personally wish people could just enjoy the movies without thinking about dollars. :pullhair:

big-mo-money.jpg

Vin Diesel Amazed By GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Cut

"I have to share this... My youngest who is 3 yrs old, has never been to a movie theater before in his life," noted the voice behind Groot. "Today, I was invited by Disney and Marvel to see the latest cut of Guardians of the Galaxy and I was able to take the angels. WOW!!!!! To Marvel, Disney, the incredible cast and team and especially James Gunn... Thank you for making a GREAT MOVIE! It was amazing and will always be special, for it was the first film I was able to take my family to see and oh how they loved it."

:applause:

Not that he would say, "What was I thinking?!"

(: