• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

Rotten tomatoes is 100% so far...

:whee: , I recently saw an article titled "TV Spot #6", lol, I haven't seen a trailer or clip for this film yet and I'm glad I'll be seeing everything for the first time in theaters, especially since it's a comedy of sorts.

I have to admit I never expected this movie to review so well. The reviews are glowing. I thought I was excited for The Avengers. I cant wait. I feel like a kid waiting for The Empire Strikes back to open.

Chris Pratt Talks Peter Quill's Dad, Co-Stars, His Contract, And More!

-----------------------------

He then talked about how he felt about working with Vin Diesel and Bradley Cooper on the set of the film. His response, I had the most surreal moment talking to Vin Diesel yesterday. He was calling me out, ‘Dude you’re so great in this movie’ and I was just like, ‘Oh my God, it’s Xander Cage. [He] thinks I’m awesome. My mind just blew up. I can’t talk, is my jaw open? Close your mouth, you’re talking to Vin Diesel.’ It was freakin’ awesome." He then commented on whether or not we will see the cast at this years comic-com, "I think we’ll be in the UK, but last year we were in the UK and they flew us to Comic-Con, so…"

-----------------------------

That's really cool to have a star lost in the moment talking to someone he sees as a bigger star - yet he is the lead.

Another Wave Of Overwhelmingly Positive Reviews For GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Hit

----------------------------------

Possibly one of the funniest (and strangest) Marvel movies yet, James Gunn and his cast deliver an infinitely entertaining space opera that's really something quite special. J.J. Abrams' "Star Wars" movie now has even more to live up to. [9/10]

Guardians also finds itself largely free from the brand-building baggage that's plagued recent superhero films (Amazing Spider-Man 2 being the biggest culprit). Thanos aside, the film largely operates without reference to the wider Marvel universe - there's no crammed in Captain America cameo or fleeting Nick Fury appearance, instead the focus is on telling a good story, and on these terms Guardians succeeds. Future instalments seem almost assured - let's just hope they match the high standards set by this excellent debut outing. [4/5]

Guardians' cheerful, hectic aesthetic is closer to one of the crackpot fantasias of Guillermo del Toro than Marvel’s own increasingly house-styled output, which reassures you, even in the wake of the Ant-Man debacle, that the studio hasn’t entirely lost the will to experiment. Who could have guessed that, after six years of hawkish franchise-building, the new instalment in cinema’s mightiest serial would be such a delirious one-off? [****]

WOW!

:applause:

This is a fires-on-all-cylinders success. The character work is strong, the action beats are both clever and coherent, the -script is witty and makes sense throughout, and the simple story is told with both intelligence and emotional respect.

Comic Book Fanboy review? Nope...that's from FORBES. I hope this film takes over the world.

Peace,

Chip

This is a fires-on-all-cylinders success. The character work is strong, the action beats are both clever and coherent, the -script is witty and makes sense throughout, and the simple story is told with both intelligence and emotional respect.

Comic Book Fanboy review? Nope...that's from FORBES. I hope this film takes over the world.

Peace,

Chip

(thumbs u I think some people are going to eat some crow, this keeps looking better and better.

From what I've heard from my marvel sources they are unbelievably confident in the movie and are expecting 3 weeks at number 1 minimum. Going to see it Monday night, I'll let you know my thoughts after that.

From what I've heard from my marvel sources they are unbelievably confident in the movie and are expecting 3 weeks at number 1 minimum. Going to see it Monday night, I'll let you know my thoughts after that.

since the tepid reaction to the first trailer, it's been onward and upward for the GOTG "stock"

http://www.hsx.com/security/view/GOTGX

Screenwriter Nicole Perlman On Choosing GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Over Other Properties

She revealed that Marvel gave her a choice of a few different properties that she could try writing a -script for, which they would make if they liked it. "I chose it from a list that Marvel gave me of their lesser-known properties," she said, "some that were much better-known than Guardians. I can’t really list what they were but they were very recognizable, especially in the comics world. I chose to do Guardians because it was the most science-fiction based of all the options and I knew that Marvel was going to be expanding in to the cosmic universe and it seemed like a great first foray into that. I had written a lot of projects that were space-based so I felt really confident and comfortable in that realm. And the characters were really great."