• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

side note.

most women (as my wife did) fell for Groot. When we slammed those dudes over and over and turned and smiled my wife melted hahaha..

Def gonna have to get get her something grout related now.

Go for this!

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-rocket-and-groot-hot-toys-902239/

side note.

most women (as my wife did) fell for Groot. When we slammed those dudes over and over and turned and smiled my wife melted hahaha..

Go for this!

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-rocket-and-groot-hot-toys-902239/

i love her.....but thats a little out of the "cute" gift range haha

OK, I did my duty. Took my oldest boy to see it this morning with a few friends. Took the wife to see it in 3D tonight. LOVE IT! They knocked it out of the park with this one…and I certainly think this could end up being a Star Wars type franchise for Marvel.

I would recommend 2D over 3D. The 3D just looks too dark and you lose a lot of the detail in the darkness.

Loved the humor. Thanos if f-ing AWESOME. Ronan was a badass. I thought Drax came off a little weak in the fight scenes, particularly against Ronan…but he had several great lines!

Can't wait for #2!

Red cape in the holding tube in the Collector's "shop"…was that Beta Ray Bill?!? Who else has a red cape besides Thor?

Yeah, I heard that theory on another board before watching it, so I looked out for it... he was orange, was slumped down with his back to the viewer, you didn't see any "beak"... but there is very little Marvel does that isn't intentional

side note.

Go for this!

$359 for a 6" statue? Yikes.

Gosh I freaking loved this movie so much!! The beginning had me almost in tears man.. Went to go see it with my bro mobmedina7, he thought the movie reminded him a bit of heavy metal.. Sorry for the spoiler alert boardies but the beginning will have u damn near in tears..

side note.

Go for this!

$359 for a 6" statue? Yikes.

It's actually a 1/6th scale figure. You can get Rocket Raccoon and Groot separately. $160 for Rocket and $200 for Groot. Get the $360 combo and you get an extra Groot head.

Boxoffice.com Saturday Update: Guardians of the Galaxy

Interesting comparison of Guardians of the Galaxy's $37.8 MM Friday.

• Captain America: The First Avenger's $25.7 MM (47.1% better)
  • Thor: The Dark World's $31.9 MM (18.5% better)
  • Amazing Spider-Man 2's $35.2 MM (7.4% better)
  • X-Men: Days of Future Past's $35.5 MM (6.5% better)
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier's $36.9 MM (2.4% better)
  • Godzilla's $38.4 MM (1.6% less)
  • Transformers: Age of Extinction's $41.9 MM (9.8% less)

So they are calling it the third best opening of the year, behind Transformers and Godzilla. I would think Guardians is an even bigger success, as you are dealing with a brand new franchise that had little to no background with cinema attendees.

Gunn is going to have his pick of the films he works on for Marvel.

:applause:(worship)