• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

5 reasons on why people like this comic book movie better then most other comic book movies.

1.The Guardians of the Galaxy characters are the most likeable characters in the comic book movie universe. You will care for them just like the first time you cared for the original Star Wars characters.

2.They seem new,not like Batman and Spider-Man were basically we know the old -script.

3. There won`t be much nitpicking about them like hardcore fans do with Spider-Man, X-Men and Daredevil which leads to most hardcore fans disappointment with their movies,as the movie never lives up to their vision of the comic book interpretation.

Most people never read the new Guardians of the Galaxy comic books so they won`t be able to nitpick the movie.

4. The Guardians of the Galaxy is not a dark n gritty borefest,as it will take you on an epic adventure with a few laughs along the way.

Groot_1392200000.png

How many Walkmans are going to hit Ebay for Starlord Cosplay or Halloween costumes hm

Finally! I need to take that garbage fine piece of technology and post it on Ebay immediately. What do you suggest?

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY STAR-LORD MOTIVATION BOX. RARE. GET IT NOW BEFORE ALL GONE. SCARCE CASSETTE TAPE OF MOODY BLUES' 'NIGHTS IN WHITE SATIN' INCLUDED.

That should do it.

(:

I will be hitting the thrift stores. I checked out the walkmans on ebay yesterday and the kind he is using is going for $400-600+ on ebay.

The kind of Walkman Starlord had in the film is the Sony TPS-L2, the first Walkman ever released in 1979, and already a sought-after collectors item. Prices before the movie were already in the $500 range for non-working units, and now that's tripled with every GOTG fan looking for one. The headphones he had in the movie were not the original ones that came with the TPS-L2, the ones he had were the later MDR-5A models with the orange ear foam.

13_Sony_TPS-L2_Walkman.jpg

9337365270_fe5378e62f_o.jpg

Does someone out there collect VCRs? I've been hanging on to my VCR for years. When I moved, my friend helping me got really mad at me for still having it. We used to go to The Salvation Army and buy VHS for cheap. However, once we got a nice TV, it showed how bad the quality was and made things almost unwatchable.

The kind of Walkman Starlord had in the film is the Sony TPS-L2, the first Walkman ever released in 1979, and already a sought-after collectors item. Prices before the movie were already in the $500 range for non-working units, and now that's tripled with every GOTG fan looking for one. The headphones he had in the movie were not the original ones that came with the TPS-L2, the ones he had were the later MDR-5A models with the orange ear foam.

Prices before the movie were never that high for non-working units. You can take a look through the sold listings on ebay and see that most sold listings never passed $150 and a good percentage of them sold for less than $100. Working units were about $250, but not those "for parts or not working" listings. The only ones I ever saw sell for $500 were the ones that still had everything with them and were in mint condition.

Does someone out there collect VCRs? I've been hanging on to my VCR for years. When I moved, my friend helping me got really mad at me for still having it. We used to go to The Salvation Army and buy VHS for cheap. However, once we got a nice TV, it showed how bad the quality was and made things almost unwatchable.

What's a VCR? (shrug)

:jokealert:

What's a VCR? (shrug)

:jokealert:

VCR

Every web developer know this!

At the Mets vs. Nationals game, they just played 'Hooked on a Feeling' and folks started cheering.

James Gunn - what have you done?

lol

All people need to see is this video and you can be sure it will be undone.

Since nobody has asked, I will. Why?

Since nobody has asked, I will. Why?

Why was the quality so bad? On a 50 inch HD TV? It was horrible. Not to mention my VCR had seen better days. Throw on top of that films I must have watched dozens of time and were worn out.

Does anyone remember VHS repairmen? My copy of Star Wars got warn down so my dad paid some guy at a rental store to fix it. He cut a bunch of the tape off and fixed it. It was the copy with that really long George Lucas interview. I think all the fast forwarding and rewinding just ravaged the tape.

Saw it yesterday with the family. We also brought my daughters friend.

I thought it was a very entertaining movie. As others have said, it was nice to see a pretty original idea instead of the same old, same old. It moved along at a good pace (although it was a tad too long) and had some good humor mixed in (agree about the Drax "over my head" line. Probably the best funny line in the movie.

It was definitely more Sci-Fi than comic book to me. Kind of Last Starfighter-ish. The Thanos scene was my favorite part. I thought he looked really good. It was great to see my daughter recognize him from the Avengers.

It was well received by my daughter and her friend, although some of it was a little intense. My daughter liked Gamora best (but she always likes the female characters best). They both loved Groot. Rocket was a hit as well (I liked him the best). The swearing was minimal and didn't bother me (my daughter has heard worse plenty of times). A little bit violent but, as others have said, no blood and/or splatter. Typical comic book movie level.

My wife thought it was decent, but she's not a big Sci-Fi person. She said, "it was good, but too many weird characters. Not my cup of tea." But, she was entertained. Rocket, of course, was her favorite.

I thought Pratt was very good in the lead role. He's definitely a bona fide superstar now (GOTG and Lego). The dancing at the beginning had my daughter and her friend laughing a lot. The distraction dance at the end was really lame. Good soundtrack to the movie.

Overall, I thought it was a really sold effort. It was an entertaining film, and I certainly felt like I got my $$$ worth. But it wasn't as good as The Avengers or Iron Man or the first 2 Raimi Spidey's. I'd put it on the same level as Thor2 or Cap2. As usual, you guys overhyped it (blood loss from your brains due to fanboy boners :baiting:).

I'd give it a B+ and will go and see the second one. If I was 9-13, I'd probably think it was the greatest movie ever. A big win for Marvel. I can definitely see this franchise being big for awhile.

A few other random thoughts:

-First time I've seen a 3D movie. It was pretty cool, but hurt my eyes/head. Hard to focus for me. I prefer non-3D. Especially for the price.

-Would have liked a little more insight into Thanos ultimate plan (even though we all know where it's headed).

-The after credits scene wasn't great.

-I think it was Warlock in The Collectors chamber

-Special effects were really good. CGI was top notch.

-Nice casting job

About this, I'm not sure if studios are just learning how to do this better or I'm getting more used to 3d, but the first time was pretty jarring for me too, and im only 21.

So I lloked at page one of this thread and there was a lot of negativity about Bautista as Drax, I didnt follow the movie that early, but I did see it and though Drax killed it. Whats was the overall consensus of Bautista's acting?