• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

star lords father is gonna be thanos, which will make him and gamora brother and sister, which would make for a weird twist........either his real or adopted son. who knows. but it would not be ant man or a duck. I am leaning toward thanos but maybe it could be the collector??

Didn't one of the Nova Corps mockingly refer to Star Lord as "Prince Star Lord"?

Isn't Starfox a Prince of Titan?

Star Lord's mother sure acted like someone Star Fox may have seduced.

Not as exciting as Warlock or (Uncle?) Thanos, but it just crossed my mind while scanning books last night.

star lords father is gonna be thanos, which will make him and gamora brother and sister, which would make for a weird twist........either his real or adopted son. who knows. but it would not be ant man or a duck. I am leaning toward thanos but maybe it could be the collector??

Didn't one of the Nova Corps mockingly refer to Star Lord as "Prince Star Lord"?

Not as exciting as Warlock or (Uncle?) Thanos, but it just crossed my mind while scanning books last night.

hmmmm....indeed

Dey mockingly called him "Star-Prince" and made fun of him for having a nickname or whatever. Too many people are reading too far into it. Pretty sure it was nothing more than an insult.

By the way, if anyone hasn't checked out Guardthegalaxy.com, you should definitely go check it out.

Dey mockingly called him "Star-Prince" and made fun of him for having a nickname or whatever. Too many people are reading too far into it. Pretty sure it was nothing more than an insult.

I'm usually wrong about this kind of stuff, so I'm just keeping the streak alive lol

Should I see GOTG for the 4th time or Dawn of the Planet of the Apes for the 1st time?

I loved Guardians but you should definitely see Dawn before it leaves theaters. It is one of the most compelling blockbusters I've seen in some time. It has a lot to say while being entertaining and visually stunning.

Watched Dawn. It was great! Very emotional. Amazing what special effects can do. Almost don't need humans to act anymore. Will watch GOTG again another time.

Definitely wasn't going to see expendables 3.

August 8, 2014: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

August 15, 2014: The Expendables 3

August 22, 2014: Sin City: A Dame to Kill For

September 26, 2014: The Boxtrolls

October 19, 2014: The Judge (Robert Downey JR movie)

October 17, 2014: Dracula Untold

October 17, 2014: Kingsman: The Secret Service moved to 2015

November 7, 2014: Big Hero 6

November 15, 2014: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1

December 12, 2014: The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

Guardians made it through the second challenger without even breaking a sweat. Not bad!

Now on to the next challengers.

:popcorn:

I thought they hinted strongly at Yondu being his father, right up until the last scene when Yondu was taking off and mentioned not finishing the contract to deliver Quill to his dad. I suspect Yondu because 1) he didn't want to kill Peter Quill and 2) there was a scene where he said despite him being an angel, he didn't act like one (or something similar.) Clearly, Yondu works for his dad.

Thanos would not make any sense considering Yondu and the Ravengers were fighting Ronan. Plus, this would be way too "Star Warsy" IMHO.

Gamora is not Thanos' daughter. She even says so in the movie. (shrug)

October 17, 2014: Kingsman: The Secret Service movied to 2015

Guardians made it through the second challenger without even breaking a sweat. Not bad!

GOTG held the top spot for one weekend and TMNT held the top spot at the theatres for 2 weekends in a row. Who would have thought that was possible?

October 17, 2014: Kingsman: The Secret Service moved to 2015

GOTG held the top spot for one weekend and TMNT held the top spot at the theatres for 2 weekends in a row. Who would have thought that was possible?

Michael Bay as he giggles while wearing his best green dealer visor and counting another few million out as both his bets paid off this year. Amazing!

Yeah but GOTG will crush TMNT in total box office. TMNT through it's first 2 weeks is at $117m. GOTG was at $176m at the same point (all domestic only). Difference being GOTG had to go up against a strong opening in TMNT during it's second week; while TMNT went up against a dud in Expendables 3 during it's second week.

Yeah but GOTG will crush TMNT in total box office. TMNT through it's first 2 weeks is at $117m. GOTG was at $176m at the same point (all domestic only). Difference being GOTG had to go up against a strong opening in TMNT during it's second week; while TMNT went up against a dud in Expendables 3 during it's second week.

That's a given, though I am not making light of your very accurate statement.

:foryou:

It's just a surprise how a quality production can fall to second place so quickly, and not for all the right reasons.

GOTG has long term staying power..... The numbers haven't scratched the surface yet. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u