• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

Just got home from the screening.

Really fun flick. Thankfully they nailed Rocket/Groot.

Pretty disapointed in the lack of any hints at further Marvel Cosmic.(Warlock,Nova,Etc) Also, I was hoping for a good Nathan Fillion cameo.

All around, a homerun for Marvel.

Outside of the Guardians of the Galaxy, Nova is the only real major player that Marvel retains the rights to since the Silver Surfer is locked away at Fox. If, and I concede that it is a very big, 'if', Marvel wants to explore the Universe, Nova is coming.

I think the Fox 2012 negotiations were all about Silver Surfer and Galactus being part of this cosmic rollout. No wonder why the hard feelings between the two companies.

But I am thinking Marvel learned a slight lesson with Edgar Wright when it comes to pushing too hard to have the rollout plans its own way 100%. And when you are dealing with these very successful directors, you want to throw them a bone to keep them going. Even a small bone that they have reasonable creative control to deliver.

We shall see what happens.

i think something change for fox since

the talk about the celestials in GOTG.

i think GOTG is the second best phase 2 movie release so far with cap 2 being #1.

Either way, with the Gunn news regarding his feelings on Nova, how many people just turned and wept at their recent Nova 1 purchases? I actually like the character, always have and probably always will as I have been collecting pages of art and have five copies of Nova 1. I bought it because I liked it.

Those that speculated though... Thems' the spec'latin game it seems.

I actually liked Nova as a teen. And especially because it was about outer space. Add to this The Eternals and you had some fun times.

Man, the number of forumites going back for a second viewing is super-positive.

:whee::applause::whee:

I saw The Winter Soldier three times. By the sounds of it, I should pencil in more than a few viewings of this film into the my schedule.

The movie was really awesome. I liked it better than Avengers. I just wish Ronan was a hero. He's so much cooler like that.

Alittle bummed that we didn't see Richard Rider Nova or Captain Marvel, since the Nova Corps and Kree have such a huge part in the movie.

Just got back from seeing it....some random thoughts.

I was primed through the marketing campaign. Great job of teasing this movie.

The opening scene was a tear jerker, though the walkman was very noticeable to me as a gimmick to push the soundtrack, a soundtrack very squarely aimed at an older audience, and full of great music. Part way through it won me over completely. Great choices. What can I say: I was their target and they hit me right between the ears.

I felt myself going into let-down mode early on, as those twinges of 'they're getting TOO cute and 'wink-wink' with this material, but ultimately every single one of these characters won me over. By the half way point I was really enjoying it.

Gamora may not look like 'Bronze Age' Gamora :cloud9: (yes, I said :cloud9: ) , and Drax may not look like "bronze-Age' Drax, but they each bring that character to life in a way that was enjoyable to watch.

Ronin looks awesome and is a top notch villain for this movie.

Karen Gillian as Nebula is fantastic (though not looking like 'Copper Age' Nebula), though her battle with Gamora I thought was a bit of a let down. A well choreographed fight scene between the two main female characters there would've been great. Instead it was just decent. But her performance of Nebula really is an added bonus. She was great.

Peter's mom looked like Moondragon :cloud9: (yes, I said :cloud9: , at least the way Starlin drew her).

THANOS.... holy #$@@.... THANOS was freaking AWESOME!!!

Rocket and Groot were great.... I'm not one to get into these computer generated characters but... they just put so much life and personality into them... really... great job.

I loved it!

Man, the number of forumites going back for a second viewing is super-positive.

:whee::applause::whee:

I just got out of it, and I could easily see going for a second viewing. I'm also coming to grips with never owning a TTA #13.