• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

Hard to tell too much from it.

If it is that good why not release it officially?

I did think the same thing, but then assumed that video will makes its way across the globe soon enough in HD format.

:wishluck:

I did think the same thing, but then assumed that video will makes its way across the globe soon enough in HD format.

I thought that was standard practice these days. Release the teaser bootleg first to drum up interest then release the HD version

I thought that was standard practice these days. Release the teaser bootleg first to drum up interest then release the HD version

Exactly!

Wolverine: Origins set the stage for that one, minus special effects.

Oh Spoon! :o

I was looking at this image with Glenn Close ...spotted on the set of a sci-fi movie.

So I start thinking, hey that guy looks like....

Nova!

Then I read...

"

the 66-year-old actress plays the leader of an intergalactic police force called Nova Corps"

I do recall seeing the comic-con photos of security guards, but didn't make the connection till now.

I almost feel like it is old news... cue Titanic... but haven't heard it from anyone else yet.

http://movies.yahoo.com/photos/spotted-on-set-1353963398-slideshow/

2eoz5i0.jpg

...this is getting sweet! :headbang:

How Journalism Works: That’s Not Glenn Close In Those Guardians Of The Galaxy Set Pictures

But who whispered first? Who was the first to state, erroneously, that this is Glenn Close? Who is it that all of these websites are repeating blindly as fact without any sort of corroboration?

Seems like it was Getty Images. They tagged the images as Glenn Close before licensing them on. That’s where this all seemed to begin.

So whichever Getty employee it is that jumped to the conclusion that this actress is Glenn Close, well done. You’ve just Brass Eyed a whole string of outlets and you probably never even meant to.

:P

The Nova costume is interesting, very much the same idea as the more practical-looking redesign for the Judge uniform in the Dredd reboot.

How Journalism Works: That’s Not Glenn Close In Those Guardians Of The Galaxy Set Pictures

But who whispered first? Who was the first to state, erroneously, that this is Glenn Close? Who is it that all of these websites are repeating blindly as fact without any sort of corroboration?

Seems like it was Getty Images. They tagged the images as Glenn Close before licensing them on. That’s where this all seemed to begin.

So whichever Getty employee it is that jumped to the conclusion that this actress is Glenn Close, well done. You’ve just Brass Eyed a whole string of outlets and you probably never even meant to.

When I saw those pics and that it was supposed to be her two thoughts ran through my head:

1) How much did they have to pay her to get into that sort of make up?

2) How hard up is she that she'd take a gig that required this type of crazy get up?

When I saw those pics and that it was supposed to be her two thoughts ran through my head:

1) How much did they have to pay her to get into that sort of make up?

2) How hard up is she that she'd take a gig that required this type of crazy get up?

Getty Images was charging a fee for anyone wanting to post those images in an article without their logo inserted. It seems as if their traffic spiked when Glenn Close was mentioned.

I wonder if they will be providing some form of credit for the confusion.