• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

Disney is the movie heavy-hitter right now. Even 'Frozen' broke $1 billion worldwide

This doesn't surprise me at all, knowing how popular it is with kids.

BOX OFFICE: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Surpasses IRON MAN And TRANSFORMERS In U.S.

--------------------

Almost two months after its August summer debut, Guardians of the Galaxy is still racking up big dollars at the box office. According to the Gitesh Pandya among others, the James Gunn-directed Marvel venture has domestically grossed an estimated total of $319.2, as of Sunday. Which means Guardians is now the 33rd highest-grossing movie of all-time in the United States, and third highest at Marvel Studios.

--------------------

:applause:

'Guardians' sountrack hits solid gold

-----------------

Eight weeks after its release, Marvel Music and Hollywood Records’ Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Vol. 1 soundtrack has been certified Gold, selling over 500,000 copies. The album was the second chart-topping soundtrack of 2014 and was No. 1 on the Billboard 200 in its second and third weeks of release, for the weeks ending Aug. 10 and Aug. 17. The album also peaked at No. 1 on iTunes in 60 territories.

-----------------

I wonder how many boardies have Awesome Mix, Vol. 1?

-----------------

Eight weeks after its release, Marvel Music and Hollywood Records’ Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Vol. 1 soundtrack has been certified Gold, selling over 500,000 copies. The album was the second chart-topping soundtrack of 2014 and was No. 1 on the Billboard 200 in its second and third weeks of release, for the weeks ending Aug. 10 and Aug. 17. The album also peaked at No. 1 on iTunes in 60 territories.

-----------------

Technically I do because I own those songs on their own albums anyways…I'd just have to create a playlist and put them together.

BOX OFFICE: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Surpasses IRON MAN And TRANSFORMERS In U.S.

--------------------

Almost two months after its August summer debut, Guardians of the Galaxy is still racking up big dollars at the box office. According to the Gitesh Pandya among others, the James Gunn-directed Marvel venture has domestically grossed an estimated total of $319.2, as of Sunday. Which means Guardians is now the 33rd highest-grossing movie of all-time in the United States, and third highest at Marvel Studios.

--------------------

Gah, I knew I should have bought some Disney shares last year.

-----------------

-----------------

Technically I do because I own those songs on their own albums anyways…I'd just have to create a playlist and put them together.

The film was excellent. Bought the CD album a few days later for £5 from Amazon, which included a free MP3 copy as well. Yacht music in outer space? Who would've thought that it would work so brilliantly?

Anyone that wants to watch SNL hosted by Pratt:

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/september-27-chris-pratt/2812629

It got good reviews and the beginning was funny.

Can't download the NBC app to watch it, here in the UK. :(:(

Marvel can turn anything into gold. lol

Looks like they stole some of DC's ideas there.

I like the supermarket shopping trolleys. For a moment I had hopes that the sketch would head off into surreal Reeves and Mortimer territory...

'In the follow-up to 'Age of Ultron', The Avengers face the threat of their most dangerous, most unstoppable enemy... two metres of household-gauge copper piping.'

But, I was disappointed.

Anyone that wants to watch SNL hosted by Pratt:

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/september-27-chris-pratt/2812629

It got good reviews and the beginning was funny.

Can't download the NBC app to watch it, here in the UK. :(:(

That stinks! I watched the first 10 minutes and was laughing so much my wife made me turn it off so we could watch it together. It seemed pretty good.