• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=main&id=marvel2014a.htm

Looks like Guardians will break 320 million tonight.

As I recall, that number was forecast about a month ago for the domestic run.

Still waiting on the Chinese release. Maybe a 750 million total when it is all said and done?

Viva la Rocket!

RocketRacoonfeature.jpg

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=main&id=marvel2014a.htm

Looks like Guardians will break 320 million tonight.

As I recall, that number was forecast about a month ago for the domestic run.

Still waiting on the Chinese release. Maybe a 750 million total when it is all said and done?

Viva la Rocket!

RocketRacoonfeature.jpg

will need to do $85MM in China. ASM2 did $95MM, Cap WS did $110MM and X-Men:DOFP did $115MM, so it's quite possible.

August 8, 2014: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

August 15, 2014: The Expendables 3

August 22, 2014: Sin City: A Dame to Kill For

August 29, 2014: The November Man

September 12, 2014: Dolphin Tale 2

September 12, 2014: No Good Deed (starring Idris Elba)

September 12, 2014: Tusk (Kevin Smith horror-comedy)

September 19, 2014: The Maze Runner (based on a Sci-Fi book trilogy)

September 19, 2014: This is Where I Leave You (comedy)

September 19, 2014: A Walk Among the Tombstones (Liam Neeson detective thriller)

September 26, 2014: The Boxtrolls

September 26, 2014: The Equalizer

October 3, 2014: Gone Girl

October 3, 2014: Annabelle

October 10, 2014: Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

October 10, 2014: The Judge (Robert Downey JR movie)

October 17, 2014: Dracula Untold

October 17, 2014: Fury (Brad Pitt WW II tank warfare film)

November 7, 2014: Interstellar

November 7, 2014: Big Hero 6

November 14, 2014: Dumb and Dumber To

November 21, 2014: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1

December 19, 2014: The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

December 19, 2014: Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb

December 19, 2014: Annie (2014)

Next movies in the hopper this weekend. By the way, Boxtrolls was a cute movie.

Just saw it-meh-standard heroes/villains/plot we've seen dozens of times with the same tired snappy dialogue and bickering...the overacting of the villains with the deep villain voices was painful to watch....MWAH HA HA!

Apparently all bad guys do all day is sit in a big chair gloating about how EVIL they are...

Wasn't too thrilled with hillbilly Yondu-that was NOTHING like the character in the comic.

The heavy-handed use of the soundtrack-an obvious marketing ploy-was annoying.

For me this movie was about as enjoyable as Green Lantern But most people seem to like it I guess.

And why did the Collector feel it necessary to burst into an expositional lecture on the infinity stones when all he wanted was to obtain the orb? Oh I know we gotta keep the audience up to speed on the plot-we can't just have the plot develop- no we have to EXPLAIN IT TO THEM. :facepalm:

And oh yeah a human body exposed to outer space for a few minutes will not just cough a few times and be fine when they're back in a space ship...

Just saw it-meh-standard heroes/villains/plot we've seen dozens of times with the same tired snappy dialogue and bickering...the overacting of the villains with the deep villain voices was painful to watch....MWAH HA HA!

Apparently all bad guys do all day is sit in a big chair gloating about how EVIL they are...

Wasn't too thrilled with hillbilly Yondu-that was NOTHING like the character in the comic.

The heavy-handed use of the soundtrack-an obvious marketing ploy-was annoying.

For me this movie was about as enjoyable as Green Lantern But most people seem to like it I guess.

And why did the Collector feel it necessary to burst into an expositional lecture on the infinity stones when all he wanted was to obtain the orb? Oh I know we gotta keep the audience up to speed on the plot-we can't just have the plot develop- no we have to EXPLAIN IT TO THEM. :facepalm:

And oh yeah a human body exposed to outer space for a few minutes will not just cough a few times and be fine when they're back in a space ship...

Nebular space is a little different.

Perhaps you should read this:

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/08/04/james-gunn-consulted-nasa-scientists-to-make-guardians-of-the-ga/

But yes, that's completely unbelieveable when there's a genetically altered talking raccoon and a humanoid tree in the movie.... (shrug)

Aside from that, Gamora is not a human.

And as later revealed in the film,

Quill is not fully human either which is why he was able to hold the infinity gem for so long.

I also thought it was dumb at the end where they were safe from the infinity stone by holding hands using brother power THE GEEK

That's some Sailor Moon stuff....

Star Lord is human-he was in space unprotected too....

Did you walk out of the movie early? Or you just weren't paying attention?

He was modified I guess-but who wasn't in that dang movie? Ok I'll let that one slide but my other points are still valid.

Star Lord is human-he was in space unprotected too....

Did you walk out of the movie early? Or you just weren't paying attention?

He was modified I guess-but who wasn't in that dang movie? Ok I'll let that one slide but my other points are still valid.

He wasn't modified.... First and last 5-10 minutes of the movie make that pretty clear.

I understand sometimes you want to change characters for the movie but Gamora in the comic is interesting Gamora in the movie boring. Drax in comic interesting-movie, boring. Thanos, Ronan, Yondu-all the same complaint. Interesting comic character becomes boring cliche movie character.

I'm kinda glad you didn't like it, makes me feel like all is right with the world.

You can typing!