• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

Another article about how excited Dave Battista is about being part of such a fantastic movie.

'Guardians of the Galaxy' Star Dave Bautista Is a Hulking and Humble Drax the Destroyer

Someone brought up his appearance at Comic Con that year, where he took part in a "Guardians of the Galaxy" panel and seemed, well, over the moon (yes, pun very much intended). "It was weird, because it was my third Comic Con, and two years before, I had gone as a spectator," Bautista said. "I went with my girlfriend, and we both dressed up so we could just walk the floor and really experience it, and two years later, I'm in freaking Hall H, man, up on a panel with 'Guardians of the Galaxy.' How weird is that?" It was pretty weird, Mr. Bautista. Pretty weird.

I wasn't sure if anyone posted this article. But I like the thinking here.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Marvel's surefire summer action smash

I've already gone on record stating that Guardians of the Galaxy is likely to be one of this year's better fanboy-friendly blockbusters. Everything about the movie, from the impressive cast to the superb early trailers, feels spot on – and this barmy little space opera's timing couldn't be better with all the hype surrounding JJ Abrams' Star Wars: Episode VII.

Another article about how excited Dave Battista is about being part of such a fantastic movie.

'Guardians of the Galaxy' Star Dave Bautista Is a Hulking and Humble Drax the Destroyer

Someone brought up his appearance at Comic Con that year, where he took part in a "Guardians of the Galaxy" panel and seemed, well, over the moon (yes, pun very much intended). "It was weird, because it was my third Comic Con, and two years before, I had gone as a spectator," Bautista said. "I went with my girlfriend, and we both dressed up so we could just walk the floor and really experience it, and two years later, I'm in freaking Hall H, man, up on a panel with 'Guardians of the Galaxy.' How weird is that?" It was pretty weird, Mr. Bautista. Pretty weird.

Have you ever seen Dave Bautista? I just watched Riddick. What possible costume could he possibly wear that would hide the fact that he is Dave Bautista. The guy is as big as a house.

Have you ever seen Dave Bautista? I just watched Riddick. What possible costume could he possibly wear that would hide the fact that he is Dave Bautista. The guy is as big as a house.
I know, right. I just watched some of Wrong Side of Town and just assumed he had to be a wrestler. lol

I think he's gonna make a great Drax.

Having seen the 17-minute preview (sort-of) I gotta say he was my favorite part. He has some great lines and they really played to his strengths with how the dialogue was written.

Having seen the 17-minute preview (sort-of) I gotta say he was my favorite part. He has some great lines and they really played to his strengths with how the dialogue was written.

:applause:

I so want to see this movie soon. Come on, end of July!

Yeah, I have to say that I've been excited for movies before, but this one is at the top of the list in terms of waiting and waiting and waiting for August 1st.

Is it July 31st yet ??

Got caught up on the comics and had to get this out of my head last night (one of my first non-recreations I've ever shared online - needs some more details / space background added but the idea is out and on paper now)

uys2oaJm.png

Never realized this until recently mentioned on the magazine forums. It looks like we have a 3rd member of the GotG movie with a first appearance in a Marvel Magazine (outside of Starlord & RR in MP#4 and MP#7 respectively).

Bereet first appeared in Rampaging Hulk #1 1977 Curtis Magazine.

New Photo Shot shown below as posted on the webs yesterday:

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/07/08/guardians-of-the-galaxy-behind-the-scenes-photo-of-bereet/

Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bereet

Interesting! I've heard some mention as her being a hook for the Hulk into the series at some point hm

- bounty

Someone mentioned to me that one of the GoG figures is a Sakaarson. That leads me to believe that some portion of Planet Hulk is in play, which would be unbelievable.

"Nothing goes over my head. I would...catch it."

lol.

It's getting close!

Peace,

Chip

That was one of the lines I was talking about from the 17-minute preview. He had another one where he said he had eaten raccoon before and it "tasted glorious."