• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody order from eGerber directly recently?

28 posts in this topic

We are in farmingdale ny. Give mea PM

I know, I picked up an order from you in Farmingdale and I did PM you. I would have loved to continue being your customer but the prices had jumped up quite a bit from the last time I bought from you ( of course that was a special sale) and directly from eGerber is 20%+ less for what I am looking for ( even with shipping and especially when you add in tax.) If something has changed, give me a PM.

You must be a retailer then if you get the 20% off. Where is your store in long island?? I thought only stores got that discount. I could be wrong because I haven't checked that out in a while. I'll call Gerber tomorrow.

What discount? I am not a retailer, these are the prices that are listed on their website for everyone and have been for quite a while.

Yes, I read your post wrong that's why I deleted it, but you quoted it already. Whatever you are comfortable with. Everyone has to pay tax

I am going to place an order with eGerber for a decent amount of supplies, has anybody dealt with them recently? It is a little off putting that you cannot order online but they seem to be responsive and professional. I tried searching the forums with the God awful search function but did not find much. Regardless, any recent experiences and info on how long it took would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I've been ordering from eGerber for the last 30 years or so. I've tried Bill Cole and several others. When it comes to the best product and prices, including shipping, eGerber wins hands down. It's been years since I've ordered anything, though. I always filled out the order form and mailed it to them. I never ordered by "phone". What is this "phone"? A new invention? I can't keep up with all this new technology. The times have sure passed me by in my older age.

E. Gerber! (thumbs u

I've bought from them 2x and had great professional experiences with them both times. I'm planning a 3rd purchase soon to buy some CGC boxes. The first time I even heard about them was on here and from Google searches to blogs (note: Google searches will lead to threads on these boards quicker than the board search)

After reading good reviews and the details of

1. No online orders - phone only

2. older lady hard of hearing over the phone with factory noise in the background is normal so be sure you know exactly what you want to order before placing an order and speak clearly

3. If you have questions, call first and get answers then hang up and be sure you know exactly what you really want to order: Quantity, Sizes, discount for large order amount and shipping before calling again and rattling off everything.

4. She'll repeat the order for confirmation, take your credit card number, give you an order # and then you wait a 2 weeks and then it is at your door.

5. It's best to order large quantities as you get the best price on bulk discounts and you save on shipping.

6. For large orders, expect a longer delivery time as they make them by demand.

I decided to place a test order. I placed a small $100 order of 200 Standard Mylite 2+ (725M2 7 1/4 x 10 1/2) and 200 Full Backs (700FB 7 x 10 1/2)- fits 725. I experienced all of 1-4 above and was very satisfied with the experience. Not to mention the bags and boards make even my raws look great!

Then I ran out and decided a really BIG order was needed especially as it will save me on the discount. So I experienced 5-6. Luckily I found out they were located not to far from me in Maryland and looked them up and decided I could save on shipping and just request a local pickup which they do. I ordered 1000 of the Standard Mylite2 and Full Backs + 100 Mylite 4 Silver Age and 100 Silver Age Full Backs and they explained it would take 3 weeks. I requested local pickup and they agreed but had to be during specific business hours and appointment which I scheduled. She also warned it's easy to miss as it's in a warehouse lot and the address easily gets confused with another location.

On the day of the appointment I drove up in my BMW 3 series (to explain what size car this size order can fit in - 5x 1'x1.5'x1' boxes) and totally understood what she meant. It's a warehouse lot with other shipping businesses and small sign. so after driving around for a couple minutes I finally found it. turns out I was early and the door was closed but a lady came from the back and opened it.

When she did I could hear the sound of cutting and machinery and saw the factory through the back door of the small front office where she likely sits taking all the orders. So it is pretty much a dedicated factory and direct buy shop.

Thanks for details, I had not thought about picking up from them but I am in that area sometimes.

Thanks to all who posted, all the info was helpful.

Just placed an order about a week and a half ago. The product was here on Thursday and they have the 13 boxes back in stock!!!!! I always get the lady on the phone that takes my order and the only time I've had trouble was with my old cell phone crappy connection and she couldn't hear me so needless to say I only place a order on my land line now. Also hotflips is a good way to go too I've ordered from them in the past and that was smooth also when they have there blowout sales here on the boards you can't beat the prices

I ordered a thousand Mylite 2's and 1000 full back's great service great price but they only ship UPS to Canada which with shipping and "brokerage" fees added appx. 350.00 to my order.

I last ordered from them in May 2012. I bought 500 Mylite 2 and 500 half backs. I think the total was something like $160, which was roughly $40 less than Hot Flips at the time.

As a general rule, it is cheaper to buy from the manufacturer than a reseller.

I bought a small order of 150 Mylite 2's and 150 Fullbacks for Magazines last month.

Ordered by phone and the package arrived here in PA exactly 2 days after I placed the order.

Don't understand how it could possibly be any faster than that and they were the least expensive, as well.

SO. my limited experience is (thumbs u

Having said that I've also purchased from Bill Cole, Hot Flips and even Comic Supply over the years. Only minor issues with Comic Supply and the rest were all excellent....

I am going to place an order with eGerber for a decent amount of supplies, has anybody dealt with them recently? It is a little off putting that you cannot order online but they seem to be responsive and professional. I tried searching the forums with the God awful search function but did not find much. Regardless, any recent experiences and info on how long it took would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I'm international, so pricing is extremely important to me - given the huge shipping costs.

I shopped around, got quotes from Hot Flips, eGerber etc and eGerber staff put me onto Bob Cook Collectibles.

Bob quoted cheaper than any of the others, took my order over email - gave me advice and feedback on my order and then shipped it to me very quickly. I saved a bit by using him and, therefore, recommend him.

This is his email: bcook41182@aol.com