• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newbie here!

27 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, been lurking about a week now and finally decided to join. Been collecting for about a year and a half, nothing too major but I do have a Secret Wars #8 in CGC-graded 9.8, a Spectacular Spiderman (1976 series) in a CGC 9.6 and an Uncanny X-men #108 (first byrne/claremont teamup) in 9.6. Those are pretty much my gems so far.

Don't flame me too bad guys, i'm still learning wink.gif

-Joe

P.S. does anyone know if comiclink.com is reputable, thinking about placing an order there. thanks!!

Welcome to the boards! smile.gif

Don't worry about Comiclink. As others have said, very reputable.

We won't flame you (unless you get outta line devil.gif). Enjoy the boards. Lots of information on these forums. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Chances are that one of us will be able to help you out no matter what the question. thumbsup2.gif

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

Based solely on your good reviews of comiclink.com I have just gone and ordered WESTERN FIGHTERS #41 / CGC 6.5 FN+ Edgar Church (Mile High) Copy.

I will share with everyone when it arrives (via ground shipping...grrrr)

Since I don't have a scanner do you think a photo will work as well? I do have an excellent digicam but the cgc holders might reflect.....anyone done this and it turned out ok?

Since I don't have a scanner do you think a photo will work as well? I do have an excellent digicam but the cgc holders might reflect.....anyone done this and it turned out ok?

Try it and see. One thing you can try is to put a handkerchief or similar thin white cloth opver the flash. Take a few exposures and overexpose them gradually. I have found that the cloth over the flash really reduces reflections and once you get the amount to overexpose to compensate for less light you should be ok!

Hi everyone, been lurking about a week now and finally decided to join. Been collecting for about a year and a half, nothing too major but I do have a Secret Wars #8 in CGC-graded 9.8, a Spectacular Spiderman (1976 series) in a CGC 9.6 and an Uncanny X-men #108 (first byrne/claremont teamup) in 9.6. Those are pretty much my gems so far.

I'll just give you a typical flame:

What you collect sucks. What *I* collect is cool! flamed.gif

stooges.gif

-Joe

P.S. does anyone know if comiclink.com is reputable, thinking about placing an order there. thanks!!

">>DON'T FLAME ME AIN'T GOING TO HAPPEN. WECOME TO THE BOARS.

i too was a lurcker (1 month ) people here are rather nice at times. good to have you aboard. thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif