• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MegaCon March 21-23, 2014

312 posts in this topic

Christine emailed me today that she was going to email me my options, but I never received that follow up email....

last year, our placement was on the perimeter,but the lighting was so bad, I told her I had to be in the middle somewhere, with better lighting...

Checked on a motel room. This year everything was booked by the time I got around to making a reservation. Ended up at the Baymont on Orange Blossom for almost $100 a night. Just reserved for next March for $44 a night, same place, same type of room. Maybe reserving 7 months ahead gets the discounts.

Hi im going to this event however I am british and have not been to a american event before just the london one. however I am interested in bringing some comics to get graded I would like to know

how heavy is a typical grimm fairy tales comic that has been graded, also how would you recommend transporting the ungraded comics to avoid any damage that could mark down the grading. also how many would be recommended to bring. many thanks

I generally use 0.4 kg per graded comic. Depending on how many comics I bring I may carry them separately onto the plane in a small box with bubble wrap. I often take a full short box to shows which can also be carried on.

Bring as many as you like keeping in mind the size and weight after they are graded to bring them home. I assume you will be using onsite grading if it's available. I would recommend submitting them your 1st priority since it would suck to have to bring them back home raw.

FYI Hotwire had the host hotel Doubletree for 69 a night. I only know this because I took a leap of faith and got it.

It was under 3.5 star in the Seaworld area hotels. Odds are you get that, the Hilton and or the Rosen but no guarantee.

yes will be using onsite grading also re small box would that be using hand luggage allowance or would it have to go through as luggage allowance thanks

Just a heads up that you need to rush over to the Cgc booth as soon as the doors open on day one. Either that or become a dealer.

was also wondering as to how to become a dealer or get a dealer to take them in and secondly when paying for items to be graded is it best to pay all in cash or is travellers cheques ok or is something like royal mail preloaded with dollars credit card best?

So they've started adding guests to the site. Most of the comic creators are regulars.

They have an amazing Smallville lineup so far: Michael Rosenbaum (Lex), John Glover (Lionel), Allison Mack (Chloe), Aaron Ashmore (Jimmy Olsen), James Marsters (Braniac), and Laura Vandervoort (Supergirl).