• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MegaCon March 21-23, 2014

312 posts in this topic

I didn't see anyone explicitly point this out, but the convention is in the South Building this year, which is actually across International Drive from the West Building (its usual location). You may want to keep this in mind when you are looking for close parking or when looking for a close/within-walking-distance hotel. What is within walking distance of the West building may take another 10-15 minutes to get to the South Building. It's not the biggest deal, but to some it may matter.

I am really happy about it being in the newer expansion. I always thought it was odd that this side has been open since 2003 and has never been used for any of the conventions that I have attended there (MegaCon every year and Star Wars Celebration V and VI. )

megacon 2006, I believe, was in this south conv hall

How was it in terms of space? I must have completely missed that one. Even though I don't recall missing a megacon in the past 10 years, that would have been in my college days and comics were not a priority. haha

How was it in terms of space? I must have completely missed that one. Even though I don't recall missing a megacon in the past 10 years, that would have been in my college days and comics were not a priority. haha

I thought it was smaller and parking was horrendous. I hope it works better this year. We must have been in line to park for an hour.

I thought it was smaller and parking was horrendous. I hope it works better this year. We must have been in line to park for an hour.

Yeah, if you park in that parking lot, be prepared to come early, at least on Saturday. The biggest issue from what I remember is that they have two booths to process the several thousand parking spots, and the booths are not all that far removed from Universal Blvd., so the line of cars that spills out onto the street can be very long in peak situations....which is why I look forward to walking there from a nearby hotel.

Exactly. I'm staying at the Westin, which is literally behind the convention center. They are running an interesting promotion, too. You pay full price for the first night, and each subsequent night is priced at the year of your birth. So if you are born in 1953, you pay $53/night

Currently prepping stock for the show! Anyone have any specific requests?

Yes please!! Bringing my best friend and we're going picking!!

Daredevil 115, 131

Possibly ASM #1 Also #50, #121, #361

Definitely a GSXM #1 This is definitely on my top list.

MS #5 & Ghost Rider #1

JIM 85

SS #1 and #34

Uncanny Xmen 129

Xmen #1

Avengers #1

TOS #39

Alias #1 - (CGC 9.8)

Avengers #28 - (CGC 8.5 to 9.4)

Avengers #112 - (CGC 9.4 to 9.6)

Avengers #257 - (CGC 9.8) Newstand

Captain America #192 - (CGC 9.4 to 9.8)

Darkhawk #1 - (CGC 9.8) Newstand

Iron Man #54 - (CGC 9.4 to 9.8)

Marvel Premiere #19 - (CGC 9.4 to 9.8)

Silver Surfer #34 - (CGC 9.8) Newstand

Spiderman #344 - (CGC 9.8) Newstand

Strange Tales #178 - (CGC 9.4 to 9.6)

X-Men #244 - (CGC 9.8) Newstand

X-Men #256 - (CGC 9.8) Newstand

:hi: Joey

1st Cletus Kasady

Thanks.

aka.. Joey has been sent a few more of these to press than normal ;)

I hope everyone is getting ready. If anyone is in need of a CGC short box for when you pick up your onsite subs, let me know. I think I have some extras and can bring them w/ me. Send me a pm.