• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MegaCon March 21-23, 2014

312 posts in this topic

This is from Philly:

On-site Comic Tier Pricing:

* Modern (comics 1980–present, valued US $200 or less) — US $25

* Economy (comics valued US $300 or less) — US $50

* Standard (comics valued US $1,000 or less) — US $85

* Express (comics valued US $3,000 or less) — US $140

* WalkThru (comics any value) — 3% FMV - Min $225, Max $3,000

* Signature Series Services for on-site grading — Modern Tier grading fee + $11; for all other tiers, add $10 to grading fee (per signature)

I don't think they are changing it.

Just booked the Hyatt across from the convention center (next to the Peabody) for $150 a night (actually got one room for $99 a night because I have several rooms - kids are coming this year again). Thanks for the info George - I booked a different hotel than you did but I took inspiration from the Hyatt lead based on your advice.

Good choice Roy, and I'm sure your kids will love you for bringing them. The number of Canadians dethawing in Florida this time of year is astounding.

Just found out that the Peabody is now the Hyatt. I had no idea.

lol

I looked at the map when I booked it and thought "Hey, I don't remember a Hyatt being next to the Peabody" but I guess they bought them out. Good times!

dont suppose whether when submitting comics for on site grading whether there is a form that can be completed in advance?

I always use the regular form and write on the top edge "on-site grading" and adjust the totals.

Does anyone know what the fees are for CGC grading onsite at Megacon?

I can't find that info anywhere on their site. Do they have unique forms for onsite grading?

Any help is appreicated.

This is from Philly:

On-site Comic Tier Pricing:

* Modern (comics 1980–present, valued US $200 or less) — US $25

* Economy (comics valued US $300 or less) — US $50

* Standard (comics valued US $1,000 or less) — US $85

* Express (comics valued US $3,000 or less) — US $140

* WalkThru (comics any value) — 3% FMV - Min $225, Max $3,000

* Signature Series Services for on-site grading — Modern Tier grading fee + $11; for all other tiers, add $10 to grading fee (per signature)

I don't think they are changing it.

Yes this is the correct pricing. I just got off the phone with Molly from CGC. She's awesome!!! Kudos to Molly!!! (thumbs u

dont suppose whether when submitting comics for on site grading whether there is a form that can be completed in advance?

I always use the regular form and write on the top edge "on-site grading" and adjust the totals.

Yes this. Just bring your books and CGC will help you with all the paper work. This is what I did last year. I love on-site grading. What a magical event!!! Best thing since sliced bread.

Yes this. Just bring your books and CGC will help you with all the paper work. This is what I did last year. I love on-site grading. What a magical event!!! Best thing since sliced bread.

On-site grading is pretty magical. Just don't show up Saturday with any hopes of it still being offered. ;)

On-site grading is pretty magical. Just don't show up Saturday with any hopes of it still being offered. ;)

Yes Yes Friday at 12pm stat!!! I'll be there. ;)

Do my eyes deceive me, or is the show barely one month away now? In fact, tomorrow is exactly four weeks from set-up day! :banana:

I should really get Joey those books for on-site.... :tonofbricks:

Yes you should.

I didn't see anyone explicitly point this out, but the convention is in the South Building this year, which is actually across International Drive from the West Building (its usual location). You may want to keep this in mind when you are looking for close parking or when looking for a close/within-walking-distance hotel. What is within walking distance of the West building may take another 10-15 minutes to get to the South Building. It's not the biggest deal, but to some it may matter.