• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage is offering a free download of the 2012-13 Overstreet Guide

63 posts in this topic

Nothing yet. But I am sure the email is on its way.

Heck, Geneal Sao sent me an email the other day about needing $1,000 to help him transfer funds to the UN, of which he would pay me $5,000. So my email must be working.

:wishluck:

Got mine yesterday. Loaded on one computer, then tried again on another and it said additional license required, so no go! But, it works fine on the one, and the license says it never expires. Nice resource! Thanks Heritage!

OK, just so there is NO confusion, the "authorising" email had the subject line:

"LockLizard Safeguard Secure PDF Viewer Registration‏" and was from Bid@HA.com

There was a second email with the subject line:

"RE: Correction: Download the current Overstreet Comic Price Guide for free if you fill out 10 wantlist items (Thread:753316)‏" from "Heritage Auctions"

Now, I noted this second email was sent at the same time as the first - so I just ignored it, and figured I'd refer to it if I got into strife.

I didn't and therefore didn't need it.

This might be helpful, "if" you've already done the 10 adds to your wantlst, and are waiting patiently for your activation email (and don't want to wait any longer) ..

http://comics.ha.com/common/purchasedDownloads.php?item=overstreet

I tried the link but it listed the guide at $30.00.

After I tried to proceed I had to log in and was prompted for a credit card.

Seems like I should just wait patiently for the e-mail.

Me too, I followed Brian’s instuctions and after a pair of days I got it… :)

What I find annoying, however, is the lack of a good search function: since it’s a modified PDF format, normal search does not seem to work in the same effective way. Or am I missing something? (I have a Mac, BTW, and I use Preview to browse PDF files, as it’s quicker than Adobe Reader).

I got the link and downloaded what they said to download and couldn't get it to work.

I tried several times, but no go. I'll try it again.

I use a year old Apple laptop if anyone has any advice on how to get it to work on a Mac

I got the link and downloaded what they said to download and couldn't get it to work.

I use a year old Apple laptop if anyone has any advice on how to get it to work on a Mac

I got it working on my mac. The secret is to make sure you run the safeguard_v_license (4).llv that is attached to the email.

I got it working on my mac. The secret is to make sure you run the safeguard_v_license (4).llv that is attached to the email.

Thanks for the tip - I'll give it a try (thumbs u

+1

Works fine on my three year old Mac.

I got the 40th version from Heritage, that didn't have a search function. I can't believe they haven't added one yet. C'mon Overstreet spend some money get it done!

But, it's free so . . . (shrug)