• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Complete Amazing Spider-Man 1-700 Collection + All Other Titles

35 posts in this topic

I'm going to try this here first.

I literally just completed this set, but need to already get rid of it due to money problems.

PLEASE READ THE TERMS

There are about 6 long boxes in total, so due to the weight, size, and price of this, I prefer to deal in person. I can basically meet anywhere in the Northeast US. I will consider shipping the set and accepting payment in the form of PayPal, but would definitely prefer to do this deal in person.

I don't expect a :takeit: on something like this, so if you have an offer, feel free to pm it to me.

Details coming in next post.

The set includes:

Amazing Spider-Man

#1 CGC 1.8

#2 former CGC 4.0 S(A) (deslabbed)

#3 G/VG

#4 VG

#5 GD-

#6 GD (name on cover)

#7 GD+

#8 G/VG

#9 GD+

#10 G/VG

IMG_0914_zpsf3f9ca48.jpg

IMG_0913_zpsbfbdb548.jpg

#s 11-50 average GD to VG in condition (#s 11, 21 and 41 are lower)

#s 51-100 average G/VG to VG in condition

#s 101-150 average VG to FN in conditin

#s 151-200 average FN or better

#s 201-700 are almost all VF or better.

Most of the random keys vary in condition. The Bronze Age ones are VG- on average while the later ones are VF or better.

Also included in the lot are (all VF or better):

Spectacular Spidey (complete)

Web of Spidey (complete)

Spider-Man (complete)

Peter Parker Spider-Man (complete)

Spectacular Spider-Man, vol.2 (complete)

Marvel Knights Spider-Man (complete)

Spider-Man Unlimited (vol. 1-3) (complete)

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man (complete)

Avenging Spider-Man (complete)

and basically every significant mini series relating to the character (excluding Marvel Team Up and Marvel Tales).

Asking price is $13,000 OBO

What's the book next to the ASM 1? Slabbed signed, restored AF 15? Not included in your lot?

Not included. I've promised that book to a friend already, otherwise it was definitely going to be included.

If it does not sell you may want to break it up into the following increments:

1-102, 119-122, 129, 149, 194, 200, 238, 252, 300 individually.

All other books in 10 book lots.

Something to think about.

Good luck with the sale though...

And I hope that whatever is causing you to pass these books along is resolved with as minimal stress as possible.

If it does not sell you may want to break it up into the following increments:

1-102, 119-122, 129, 149, 194, 200, 238, 252, 300 individually.

All other books in 10 book lots.

Something to think about.

Good luck with the sale though...

And I hope that whatever is causing you to pass these books along is resolved with as minimal stress as possible.

I really wasn't looking to break it up but would I get more if I took your advice and split the books up into the indicated lots? How much would I get for just 1-102?

If you don't want to, there's no need to break up the collection just so all these vultures can cherry pick out of the ASM collection and leave you with the leftovers..

I kid... kinda...

I've seen plenty of Spidey runs sell in full. In fact, one just sold here on the boards not one-month ago.

Sure, breaking it up in 50 separate lots would surely get you more money. But then you also have to deal with pleasing multiple buyers, packing supplies $, shipping worries etc.... If you want to sell it as a whole just be patient. It's only been a day for crying out loud. 6 long boxes is certainly shippable. If you can get away with media mail it's downright affordable too.

Otherwise, you could just split them by age lots:

– Silver Age (up to the death of Gwen Stacy and Goblin so before #121-122);

– Bronze Age (up to either Secret Wars or issue before #252 – alien costume);

– Copper Age (eitther up to #299 or to #325 included: considering McFarlane’s Spider-Man – for better or worse – as ushering the Modern age);

– Modern Age (up to #700).

I think this may be a good idea, as ages will have their fair amount of keys, and most fans are more closely related to one or the other. :)