• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ant-man teaser footage online.....For now.

42 posts in this topic

Marvel playing it risky with this and GOTG, Ghost Rider 3 in the works too...all 3 have potential flop written all over them, meanwhile they aren't doing a Hulk film after Ruffalo was the best thing in The Avengers

Marvel playing it risky with this and GOTG, Ghost Rider 3 in the works too...all 3 have potential flop written all over them, meanwhile they aren't doing a Hulk film after Ruffalo was the best thing in The Avengers

I don't see any possible way GR3 doesn't flop based on the 1st 2.

I don't see any possible way GOTG doesn't flop based on everything I've ever seen of them.

I would bet though that Ant-Man will be a big sleeper hit. People can laugh and say he's a lame superhero but if they do it right(which I think they will try VERY hard to do for future Avenger movie tie ins) its going to be a cool movie! :wishluck:

I gotta say I'm pretty shocked they are actually doing a GOTG movie! Who exactly is going to go see that? The couple thousand GOTG fans? It just doesn't make any sense to me.

The Avengers lineup are mostly heros that the general public has heard of before. Even with that, it probably would have flopped it they didn't invest 10 years and 6 different lead in movies into it. How are they going to get ANY non comic book people interested in seeing GOTG. Hell, 95% of us comic nerds on this board probably can't name 2 Guardians.

With all the stories and characters they have to work with, GOTG seems like a very odd choice to green light for a major movie (shrug)

I don't see any possible way GOTG doesn't flop based on everything I've ever seen of them.

I would bet though that Ant-Man will be a big sleeper hit. People can laugh and say he's a lame superhero but if they do it right(which I think they will try VERY hard to do for future Avenger movie tie ins) its going to be a cool movie! :wishluck:

What was the last GOTG book you read?

i hope Ant-Man does well. I dont see the point in another Ghost Rider, the second had half the budget of the first, so we can expect a low budget for 3, one which Nick Cage will take a decent amount of (probabily). GOTG is a head scratcher all around, from thinking it will work to casting Batista, i can't see it working at all, too many unknown characters. X-Men worked because they had the animated series, people knew who to expect, i'll look forward to the next installment of that.

What was the last GOTG book you read?

God only knows but it was back in the 80's I'm sure.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking GOTG. I just don't see how they are possible going to get the general public interested. If they can't do that, the movie will be a flop. You can't make a 100+ million dollar movie and only have hardcore comic fans go see it. The movie might be awesome but I'm saying it will almost definitely be a financial flop. I just don't see any possible way they are going to get enough people amped up for GOTG for it to gross hundreds of millions of dollars (shrug)

Blade worked and nobody knew anything about that character.

True although I don't think that made massive amounts at the box office but it had to make decent money id assume. It also had a BIGTIME star and the vampire theme going for it. Hey, I hope I'm wrong, I want all the marvel films to do great so they keep making more and more. I just don't see how they are going to pull that one off (shrug)

Blade worked and nobody knew anything about that character.

True although I don't think that made massive amounts at the box office but it had to make decent money id assume. It also had a BIGTIME star and the vampire theme going for it. Hey, I hope I'm wrong, I want all the marvel films to do great so they keep making more and more. I just don't see how they are going to pull that one off (shrug)

How about Avatar? Nobody heard of those characters before. There are hundreds of films made each year where the public no nothing about the characters beforehand.

I don't think this is a valid reason for thinking it will flop.

If it flops it will be because the film is rubbish and badly publicised.

The other day I was reading an old Ant Man story from the early 60s, actually the intro of Janet the Wasp that was reprinted in Secret Invasion: Requiem. The whole time I was thinking to myself, "How the heck can they make this insect nonsense into a captivating movie in this day and age?". The whole concept just doesn't seem like it would fly today as a major motion picture, the way the other Marvel films have been successfully translated/updated for the 21st century.

The only way it could work would be to go retro like Captain America because with 2013-level security and video/motion monitoring systems, there is absolutely nothing to fear from an ant-sized nerd running around.

Keep it up and he'll send his ant army to bug chew all of your BA books! :sumo:

I think it looks pretty good. But the whole movie has to be seen to know for sure, of course.

What separates AntMan from DollMan? The mask? The size? The ability to go back and forth (tall to small, and back again), in a moment?

I have never read a Doll Man story. I always assumed it was a small guy who punches with the same strength as a tall guy. Nothing more. I am sure he could not command dolls to do is bidding, like Ant Man does with actual ants. (man, I hope I am right about that)

Now, if Ant Man could go back and forth between ant sized and Giant Man sized, in an instant. That would be something.

I think it looks pretty good. But the whole movie has to be seen to know for sure, of course.

What separates AntMan from DollMan? The mask? The size? The ability to go back and forth (tall to small, and back again), in a moment?

I have never read a Doll Man story. I always assumed it was a small guy who punches with the same strength as a tall guy. Nothing more. I am sure he could not command dolls to do is bidding, like Ant Man does with actual ants. (man, I hope I am right about that)

Now, if Ant Man could go back and forth between ant sized and Giant Man sized, in an instant. That would be something.

Aquaman has similar powers...