• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dumb me and F USPS

53 posts in this topic

FWIW, in case you think he's BSing, twice now I've ordered those 1092 boxes from USPS and mine never showed up either. (shrug)

I ordered at the end of Dec, didn't get them, ordered again the 2nd week in Jan didn't get them ...and again the following week. ALL THREE orders arrived at once. I could start a store;)

The PO's seem to be pushing Flat Rate boxes, that's all they seem to have in stock. I think the idea is for them to make money;) :shrug:

you go through all that trouble and then there's a 20 to 30% chance USPS still loose the package.

imho never ever ship something valuable through the post office. NEVER EVER. get 3rd party insurance and ship through FedEX.

Bull*spoon*.

I ship hundreds of packages with USPS every year and I can't remember the last time I had something lost in the email. Not saying it never happens, but it's pretty rare.

you go through all that trouble and then there's a 20 to 30% chance USPS still loose the package.

imho never ever ship something valuable through the post office. NEVER EVER. get 3rd party insurance and ship through FedEX.

Bull*spoon*.

I ship hundreds of packages with USPS every year and I can't remember the last time I had something lost in the email. Not saying it never happens, but it's pretty rare.

I've only ever had one package lost, ever.

I've shipped 100's maybe 1000's of packages via USPS and only had one package that went to an APO get lost, and I'm pretty sure that The APO was at fault.

I use the 1092 inside a 1095 as well, and had customers praise it because even though the boxes have been hammered on occasion, the slabs came out ok.

If for some reason you can't get those or have to resort to using a flat rate box, I'd suggest scoring and folding the tabs in the middle which will allow you to make the box a little longer.

I suppose a postal employee could give you grief for altering the box, but I've done it several times when I was out of other boxes and never had an issue.

the PO tracking blows. in fact it's not even tracking it's fake and the postal employees nor cooperate knows where the packages are at when they don't arrive or are lost.

the biggest problem i've had with the PO are workers marking packages delivered when the sender has requested sig confirmation and I'm not home. This poses serious problems on ebay when you don't get the item but the PO has marked it delivered, but it has not. Ebay will always side with the seller if you state the package did not arrive as long as dc shows delivered.

hence the reason you never see fine art, jewelry or furniture shipped through the PO. it's shipped fedex, brinks, ect.

Bull*spoon*.

ju, how do you come up with some of this info? Do you work at the USPS? Know someone who does? Or do you like smelling your own anal vapours as you pull this "information" out of your ?

:D

-slym

:o

You might want to consider removing the mailing addresses.

I thought the same thing as soon as I saw the picture.

:o

-slym

Thought the same thing. For sh### and giggles I did a search and was able to find out too much info

Bull*spoon*.

Agreed. Total BS.

Bull*spoon*.

I've only ever had one package lost, ever.
Me too - and that was at least 10 years ago.