• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

is photobucket now completely useless?

91 posts in this topic

Thanks, Sha. That's not good - I often wanted larger images - now no go.

You can get VERY large images with dropbox, but there is no way to size them unless you use a program before you upload them...and you have to manually add the img code.

Thanks, Sha. That's not good - I often wanted larger images - now no go.

You can get VERY large images with dropbox, but there is no way to size them unless you use a program before you upload them...and you have to manually add the img code.

That works for me. But as you know, it's nowhere near as easy as photobucket used to be.

So how do we get the images to stay the original size, I've been using the the original size updated checkbox before I upload them. Do we have a different saved link, mine keep coming out web sized. I'm a paid subscriber, if that matters or not.

So how do we get the images to stay the original size, I've been using the the original size updated checkbox. Do we have a different link, mine keep coming out web sized. I'm a paid subscriber, if that matters or not.

MAX size seems to be 1024. I've been through the kvetching forums a few times, there are a ton of people complaining about this issue.

You can't make them more than 1024.

What I can't find is a way to select a few links at once, I used that all the time, especially for front and back covers...:(

No, it's not at all. I never understand why people need to take a simple program that works well and change it to something convoluted...but it seems they are doing this for the facebook/twitter traffic.

pixlr did not renew the photobucket contract

No, it's not at all. I never understand why people need to take a simple program that works well and change it to something convoluted...but it seems they are doing this for the facebook/twitter traffic.

pixlr did not renew the photobucket contract

Isn't that just for editing? I was a subscriber before they had the pixlr editing program.

I've tried other web host sites, they scramble the saved image, injecting random letters and numbers. I prefer to have my images saved with the same numbers and letters. When I scan I save them as item numbers, so its like 5655, 5656, 5657, 5658, 5659 on and on. I just keep changing the final number for each listing. Is there another host out there that will allow original size, and also allow the images to be the same except for my assigned numbers.

So how do we get the images to stay the original size, I've been using the the original size updated checkbox. Do we have a different link, mine keep coming out web sized. I'm a paid subscriber, if that matters or not.

MAX size seems to be 1024. I've been through the kvetching forums a few times, there are a ton of people complaining about this issue.

What I can't find is a way to select a few links at once, I used that all the time, especially for front and back covers...:(

Go to the organize screen. You can select multiple jpegs and generate the code.

Thanks,but I've tried with control click and shift click, but it has not worked? ::shrug:

Thanks,but I've tried with control click and shift click, but it has not worked? ::shrug:

Are you talking about selecting multiple jpegs or getting multiple link codes? The CTRL and SHFT SELECT work fine for me for selecting multiple jpegs on the Organize Screen.

Once you select them, the Link Codes are at the bottom of the page in the black bar where the two links of the chain are.

If the selecting multiple jpegs doesn't work, you might need to update your adobe flash player or simply reboot.

take the :original off the end of the code

I tried that. I still get the smaller scan. Which is much smaller than it used to be. And I'm a paid subscriber.

From the new "improved" photobucket:

ASM124help.jpg

What it used to be:

ASM124-98.jpg

That happens to me now, too.

Are you talking about selecting multiple jpegs or getting multiple link codes? The CTRL and SHFT SELECT work fine for me for selecting multiple jpegs on the Organize Screen.

Once you select them, the Link Codes are at the bottom of the page in the black bar where the two links of the chain are.

If the selecting multiple jpegs doesn't work, you might need to update your adobe flash player or simply reboot.

Yes, that was what I was talking about. My flash player is up to date, but I don't have a "black bar" nor can I select more than 1 picture, maybe I have not been reached on that part of the roll-out yet.

Yes, that was what I was talking about. My flash player is up to date, but I don't have a "black bar" nor can I select more than 1 picture, maybe I have not been reached on that part of the roll-out yet.

Have you tried it with a different browser? Firefox instead of IE or vice versa?

Photobucket claims to have implemented some fixes to ameliorate some of the problems, but they don't currently seem to be working... at least on my end.

Linking back to the original image also seems to have problems.

http://support.photobucket.com/entries/21640110-Upload-Size-Options

Selecting this option will allow you to link out your original, full size image. Please bear in mind, this option affects only the linked out image - images displayed within your Photobucket account, stories, activity stream, etc. will continue to display at 1024x768.

For example: Let's say I choose this option and upload a 1920x1200 of Cookie Monster. Within Photobucket, the picture of Cookie Monster will display at 1024x768, even though I chose the 'original size' option. However! When I link this image out, it will display at its full 1920x1200 resolution.

Have you tried it with a different browser? Firefox instead of IE or vice versa?

Tried it on Chrome (their preferred browser), Firefox and IE, apparently Opera does not work with this new site.

I didn't switch till the 18th,so maybe it has not reached me yet..