• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

is photobucket now completely useless?

91 posts in this topic

You have to click on share, then it'll give you links to your pic.

how do you post scans? old way: click, copy and paste. new way: ??????
Place your mouse on the sprocket in the upper right of the pic. A drop down menu will appear. Click on get links. You can click on the link you want, and it will auto copy.

Place your mouse on the sprocket in the upper right of the pic. A drop down menu will appear. Click on get links. You can click on the link you want, and it will auto copy.

That works, Mike, but you don't have to go through that extra step if you have the img codes clicked in your album settings. They always show up in the library and for the pics.

That works, Mike, but you don't have to go through that extra step if you have the img codes clicked in your album settings. They always show up in the library and for the pics.

Thanks! (thumbs u

thanks. i've got something else going on, so even though i have the img codes clicked i'm still having to do another step. pain in the rear.

thanks. i've got something else going on, so even though i have the img codes clicked i'm still having to do another step. pain in the rear.

I see what you're saying now. It automatically copies for me when I first click on the picture and then the img code but doesn't when I'm in the library mode.

That is the pits. I guess I've only posted pics after I click on the pic.

Edit - don't see anything in the settings so I sent a message to PB Support. We'll see if they answer.

Unless you have a paid subscription, you are not Photobucket's customer -- advertisers are. They need free users to stay longer on the website to earn more advertising dollars therefore they have made their system harder to use.

It is not in their interest to make life easier for the free user.

Unless you have a paid subscription, you are not Photobucket's customer -- advertisers are. They need free users to stay longer on the website to earn more advertising dollars therefore they have made their system harder to use.

It is not in their interest to make life easier for the free user.

I disagree. I imagine that free users far outnumber paying users and if they go then advertisers won't be happy. Certainly they would be giving paying customers priority treatment but making life harder for non paying customers just drives them away. I'll be going elsewhere when I get a few minutes to decide where's the best site to go to.