• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

is photobucket now completely useless?

91 posts in this topic

Imageshack works for me - it is a little crude by the standards set by other places, but they haven't changed their format the whole time I have been using them (well over 5 years) so if one doesn't like change, I say give them a try. IMGUR for some reason only works for me about half the time, but it is rather easy to work with the few times I have used it.

-slym

Guys, how do I sort my album alphabeticalliy based on the filename (not the name I've given the file, but whatever the file was actually saved as)

There's an option to sort by filename, but that sorts on the names given (which I never did)....... requires me to go and actually assign names to thousands of images before their in order again?

Please tell me I don't have to do that!

I thought it blew when I first switched over. Now that I've made an effort to unlearn everything I knew and learn the new way, I think it works pretty well. Changing the default settings under your 'account' set up makes a big difference in getting it to be effective.

Unless you have a paid subscription, you are not Photobucket's customer -- advertisers are. They need free users to stay longer on the website to earn more advertising dollars therefore they have made their system harder to use.

It is not in their interest to make life easier for the free user.

I'm a paid user, have been for years...they haven't made it easier for me, either. They are now limiting the number of files I can upload, and it cost more to have more space, used to be unlimited.

I don't really need more, I'm just trying to show that they aren't being nice to paid users either.

I've had the links under my pictures, but I can't upload new pictures to the albums, they all seem to fall into the library, even when I specify a folder.

I'm finding that opening NEW Folders/Albums, seems to be working a little better.

I thought it blew when I first switched over. Now that I've made an effort to unlearn everything I knew and learn the new way, I think it works pretty well. Changing the default settings under your 'account' set up makes a big difference in getting it to be effective.

I can't seem to figure out a way to post the same size scans I did with the old photobucket. I upload them the same way with the same scans, but when I post them, the size is limited.

Any suggestions?

Uploaded before the so-called upgrade:

ASM124-98.jpg

Uploaded after the upgrade:

ASM124-98.jpg

I can't seem to figure out a way to post the same size scans I did with the old photobucket. I upload them the same way with the same scans, but when I post them, the size is limited.

Any suggestions?

Uploaded before the so-called upgrade:

ASM124-98.jpg

Uploaded after the upgrade:

ASM124-98.jpg

Go to user settings under your account name. Select the 'albums' tab. Select 'customize upload options'. It is all there.

For those that want the linking options to show up on the thumbnail page, go to your account name, select ser settings, select the albums tab and check the 'easy linking option'. I believe this gives you the same format as the old version.

You can also limit the linking options by selecting only the 'links' options you want displayed. It is also located on the same albums tab listed above.

Go to user settings under your account name. Select the 'albums' tab. Select 'customize upload options'. It is all there.

Thanks, Jeff.

I tried selecting the tab that says "Display my linked photos in their original sizes" and then I re-uploaded a test scan. Here's what I get when I copy and paste the link.

ASM124help.jpg:original

The image doesn't appear. Just a messed up IMG code.

Thanks, Jeff.

I tried selecting the tab that says "Display my linked photos in their original sizes" and then I re-uploaded a test scan. Here's what I get when I copy and paste the link.

ASM124help.jpg

Thanks, Jeff.

Barton -

You can delete the :original at the end of the code and it will at least work.

I'm still trying to find a way to make pics larger. I think you have to be a paid subscriber.

Thanks, Jeff.

Barton -

You can delete the :original and it will at least work.

I'm still trying to find a way to make pics larger. I think you have to be a paid subscriber.

Nope, I'm a paid subscriber, Jeff, and that's my limit too.