• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Adventures 12. Harley!
3 3

1,579 posts in this topic

...anyway, here's a scan of my new copy of BA 12

It's in a mylar and also a plastic bag as I dare not touch it again even for a scan

any marks are on the bags

what do you reckon?

I think this is going to be the Copper key in the future

low print, largely unknown until recently, massive momentum now...

hooray

10917026_10153422898398056_665356001465726006_o.jpg

I have no dog in this fight bc I don't own the book, but I gotta say that, Jay, you're calling shills on books--from what I have noticed--isn't exactly done with integrity or objective view of facts. You have a hard on for books you hate and then you go after them. I don't know why you're not calling shills on Hulk 1s which have been plagued recently by fake sales and constant relists. Yet you go on the Hulk 1 club thread pumping Hulk 1 and ST110 constantly. But you sure are going hard after BA12. Wonder if it's bc you own a Hulk 1--and not a BA12. Hard to say you have integrity when you do that.

And who sets a reserve on a shilled auction? That's just silly. The whole point of a shill is to make sure it sells above the shill price (already a reserve). My understanding of reserve ebay auctions is you pay a fee even if the book doesn't sell. Why pay extra listing fees a book that won't sell unless you the reserve price is real. I can see low feedback bidders going after BA12 bc at least some will be non-comic ppl who love the character and want a high graded copy but don't use ebay much or buy comics normally.

I find it odd that you question the "integrity" of someone who is pointing out obvious shill activity on the only two CGC auctions going on right no on ebay for this book, and not the shillers themselves. And I wasn't aware that owning a book was a pre-requisite for doing so. I don't "hate" any book, I hate shillers. It's disturbing to witness the obvious pump and dump on books, over and over and over again. I mean really, if a book has the cred, it should be able to stand on its own two feet without being shilled and pumped. This is market manipulation at its worse, and it is bad for the hobby, and frustrating for legitimate buyers. I doubt there isn't a single person here who has not been the victim of a shill at least once.

I'm not sure what you are referring to about me "pumping" other books in other threads. I do not sell comic books. Are there other books being shilled right now on ebay? Obviously. I am usually the first one to point out the latest AF 15 scam. I pinpoint scams quite frequently on the boards. Whether I own the book or not. Perhaps you missed the MP 4/7 thread over in the comic magazines section. There's also entire threads on the "bubble bursting" on NM 98 and Walking Dead in CG. Are you saying that BA 12, a book seemingly having tripled in price in a couple months, together with relentless carnival barking on these boards by people who have copies to sell, shouldn't raise more than a few red flags and eyebrows as well?

If you think Hulk 1 and/or ST 110 are being shilled as well, feel free to point it out. Although it is much harder to shill higher end, less frequently traded books such as those because they are sold on many other sites than just ebay. Ebay is the garbage dump for shills, and books like BA 12 and NM 98 are easy targets for them, as they are very plentiful and frequently traded, and not so expensive as to be out of reach for a casually interested buyer to take a shot at in an auction, and possibly get bid up unnecessarily (and unfairly) by a shill.

By the way after you mentioned Hulk 1 and ST 110 I went back and looked at the last 90 days for those. Yes there are a few re-lists for a couple of Hulk 1's, and one for an ST 110. But those do not get recorded by GPA, you do know that, right? Therefore those few re-lists do not move the needle on the market, or impact the sales data at all. In situations like that it is just as likely that a buyer did not pay.

And if you need anymore "evidence" that these two BA 12's currently at auction are being shilled, take a look at the prior auctions for the same books:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=251767023140&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=221646456494&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

That is some blatantly scandalous BS right there. doh!

-J.

"Perhaps you missed the MP 4/7 thread over in the comic magazines section."

Hey J,

I remember reading your posts about these two magazines when they "started heating up".

I actually want to thank you, because I stayed far away from both (and still have so far).

I also have done the same with BA #12.

I would say that I will probably own all three of the books I mentioned above, but it may be years to let the 'water settle' before I do.

MP #4 & #7 got nuts there for a while, and it does seem like BA #12 is there right now as well.

It could stay at these prices. It could go higher and stick there, But to me, I just don't value the book that high, so I will wait.

"Perhaps you missed the MP 4/7 thread over in the comic magazines section."

Hey J,

I remember reading your posts about these two magazines when they "started heating up".

I actually want to thank you, because I stayed far away from both (and still have so far).

I also have done the same with BA #12.

I would say that I will probably own all three of the books I mentioned above, but it may be years to let the 'water settle' before I do.

MP #4 & #7 got nuts there for a while, and it does seem like BA #12 is there right now as well.

It could stay at these prices. It could go higher and stick there, But to me, I just don't value the book that high, so I will wait.

(thumbs u I'm glad you found the info helpful. FYI, MP 4/7 are trading at a fraction now of what they were back then. The shills have moved on to other books. Not coincidentally, there is a connection between those books and that thread and BA 12. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to know what it is.

-J.

It's in a mylar and also a plastic bag as I dare not touch it again even for a scan

what do you reckon?

hooray

How much you selling this cutie pie for?

what do you reckon?

hooray

I like the fact that nobody is happy owning just one :luhv:

what do you reckon?

hooray

I'm not yet

going to get it graded by YGC first

though I feel strangely flattered you called my book "cutie pie" :blush:

A raw nm to mint sold for 670 tonight on eBay. I wouldn't

Be shock if someone say it was shilled auction too. I hope

It wasn't. (tsk)

:gossip: Raw book sales aren't reported to GPA.

-J.

It's a good thing completed listings on eBay are unavailable to everyone immediately and forever and GPA is the only source people are allowed to look at when trying to determine comic values. :eyeroll: