• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Adventures 12. Harley!
3 3

1,579 posts in this topic

Also when that comic came out in 92-93 i didn't think women had cooties. i did know they had back then that they were all pain in the asses... and thats is true of course :grin:

Let's not reinforce stereotypes about how comics fans stereotype women, please. I know you're kidding. I know you mean no harm. Just please go the next step and imagine a woman reading this who's been hit by someone who called her a pain in the . They're out there and more of them are in our community than ever.

These jokes might be a lot funnier if we didn't live in a world where men use exactly that kind of thinking, for real, to justify violence against women. And there is a lot of violence against women.

Please no lectures on having a sense of humor, folks. I do. I've literally worked for Comedy Central. I just don't find these jokes funny and the upside of resisting them is we don't perpetuate this thinking OR the stereotypes about comic fans and women. All I'm asking is that we not say here what we wouldn't say to a woman's face.

Thanks.

I say that in my woman's face on a regular, NEVER once have i struck her nor has she ever made a comment such as what i just read from you nor has she been offended by that either....

let's not turn this comic forum into one of those politically correct nonsense blogs. I recall people saying throughout threads in many forums i frequent " If you don't like what someone posted simply don't respond and just keep it going" why try to provoke arguement?

Edited by Donmeca2020

Also when that comic came out in 92-93 i didn't think women had cooties. i did know they had back then that they were all pain in the asses... and thats is true of course :grin:

Let's not reinforce stereotypes about how comics fans stereotype women, please. I know you're kidding. I know you mean no harm. Just please go the next step and imagine a woman reading this who's been hit by someone who called her a pain in the . They're out there and more of them are in our community than ever.

These jokes might be a lot funnier if we didn't live in a world where men use exactly that kind of thinking, for real, to justify violence against women. And there is a lot of violence against women.

Please no lectures on having a sense of humor, folks. I do. I've literally worked for Comedy Central. I just don't find these jokes funny and the upside of resisting them is we don't perpetuate this thinking OR the stereotypes about comic fans and women. All I'm asking is that we not say here what we wouldn't say to a woman's face.

Thanks.

EDIT: Its not worth it.

Edited by FlyingDonut

Thanks.

EDIT: Its not worth it.

exactly !!! I'm sure that person is not a Dude but is a woman and will come back on here and attack you as well next.....

As a novice at this, what is it losing points for? Again, I appreciate all input.

I would say the color rub on the spine near the top staple will keep it out of 9.8 consideration.

From what I see, it is a 9.6. Although one or two very tiny defects more, and it is a 9.4. We might not be able to see those unless they are in our hands.

As a novice at this, what is it losing points for? Again, I appreciate all input.

I would say the color rub on the spine near the top staple will keep it out of 9.8 consideration.

From what I see, it is a 9.6. Although one or two very tiny defects more, and it is a 9.4. We might not be able to see those unless they are in our hands.

Back cover shows a rounded corner and some rub on bottom right back cover. i would say a 9.4 ( def slab it)

Nice book.

I'm not the greatest at grading, but I would say 9.4.

Easily higher. :grin:

lol That's at least a 9.9 to Divad.

No grade from you - do I see a pattern? You're a hater not a grader, and that's why you're Broke as a Joke. lol

Nice book.

I'm not the greatest at grading, but I would say 9.4.

Easily higher. :grin:

Did you notice the mark along the upper spine? Rather odd, dirt , grease pencil lookin'. Bugs me.But otherwise (worship)

Yes, there is slight stack rubbing in a couple of areas, otherwise very sharp.

Bat Adv 12 CGC 9.8 white pages

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-Adventures-12-CGC-9-8-1st-Harley-Quinn-Suicide-Squad-Movie-/141546795507?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20f4d8b1f3

This auction should be a pretty decent indication of the current value of this book.I know that there was a CGC 9.8 /white pages which sold for $2,050 and the other more recent sales are around $1,700.

I just placed a bid of $1,300 and was outbid, with 5 days to go.That's as much as I can realistically figure on putting out on a 9.8 slab as I know I can always blow it out for $1600 quickly and recoup my costs, if need be......but I have to wonder what the closing bid will be.

Good lord man, where are you getting this information from? Or are you just completely making things up to artificially pump this book even further for some reason?

-J.

Thanks for calling me out on that, I was going by memory.

I just checked to confirm what I posted earlier and I was way off the mark.About a week and a half ago, there were only 3 copies in 9.8 on eBay.All were listed via BIN's at $1600(or $1650) for 1 and the other 2 were a bit over $2000, that was what tripped me up.

9.8 slabs are *selling* around $1200-$1400 on average with a lone sale of $1690:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-Adventures-1992-1st-Series-12-CGC-9-8-0235918008-/311150248804?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4872000364

Anyway, I'm curious to see how this book fares over the next couple of months.I suspect it'll start reaching near the $2000 mark for 9.8 with white pages fairly soon, and then drop off a bit.

Over the long term, with the distinct possibility of Harley becoming a recurring movie character ( Viola Davis is in talks to sign a deal for playing Amanda Conner in 5 movies so that's a good hint that Harley will be getting screen time in multiple movies) I think this book may very well be trading steadily at around $2000.Of course, this is just my opinion.

Bat Adv 12 CGC 9.8 white pages

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-Adventures-12-CGC-9-8-1st-Harley-Quinn-Suicide-Squad-Movie-/141546795507?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20f4d8b1f3

This auction should be a pretty decent indication of the current value of this book.I know that there was a CGC 9.8 /white pages which sold for $2,050 and the other more recent sales are around $1,700.

I just placed a bid of $1,300 and was outbid, with 5 days to go.That's as much as I can realistically figure on putting out on a 9.8 slab as I know I can always blow it out for $1600 quickly and recoup my costs, if need be......but I have to wonder what the closing bid will be.

Keep in mind that alot of these auctions on ebay sometimes will have people whom are friends with the seller or the seller has more then one name to try and jack the price up on this or any item, just so they can make more money on the item.... its sad but it's the truth. so the real value is kind of hard to get.