• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Adventures 12. Harley!
3 3

1,579 posts in this topic

Its listed on mycomicshop, so could be real https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=25296650

It's real of course, just not published in 1993. :sumo:

Why don't you think it was published in 1993?

Because there's no evidence that it was.

Fair enough. But. :grin:

65 episodes had aired by Sep 1993, with Harley's first appearance being in 'Joker's Favour', Sep 11, 1992.

As we all know, cartoons aren't just about entertainment, they're also about selling merchandise. The toys, for example, were out in '92 or '93, depending on who you ask.

I'm not advocating that this coloring book is collectable. I'm just saying, as a BTAS buff, it could have been published in '93. If you want to make money from a successful cartoon, you'd be getting every bit of merchandise you can out there, pronto.

considering i was literally watching BTAS about a month ago, i recall Harley first appeared in the Second season of BTAS. she had a very small part. and i believe that was around 92-93.

As far a coloring book goes, i doubt it'll start catching any value.... i don't believe CGC will start grading coloring books, and quite frankly its ridiculous to think people would actually spend any coin on a coloring book with her in it... besides those hard core Harley fans.

She first appeared in the first season, in the seventh episode to air.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Batman:_The_Animated_Series_episodes

Sept 11 1992

So, with all the info on the net, i haven't bought an OSPG since 2011. Looking through that yesterday, I see that a Batman Adventures #12 is worth $3.50 in 9.2 and is listed as a "Batgirl & Catwoman-c/story". Only three years ago. lol

The cat is outtta the bag? :ohnoez:

Its listed on mycomicshop, so could be real https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=25296650

It's real of course, just not published in 1993. :sumo:

Why don't you think it was published in 1993?

Because there's no evidence that it was.

Fair enough. But. :grin:

65 episodes had aired by Sep 1993, with Harley's first appearance being in 'Joker's Favour', Sep 11, 1992.

As we all know, cartoons aren't just about entertainment, they're also about selling merchandise. The toys, for example, were out in '92 or '93, depending on who you ask.

I'm not advocating that this coloring book is collectable. I'm just saying, as a BTAS buff, it could have been published in '93. If you want to make money from a successful cartoon, you'd be getting every bit of merchandise you can out there, pronto.

considering i was literally watching BTAS about a month ago, i recall Harley first appeared in the Second season of BTAS. she had a very small part. and i believe that was around 92-93.

As far a coloring book goes, i doubt it'll start catching any value.... i don't believe CGC will start grading coloring books, and quite frankly its ridiculous to think people would actually spend any coin on a coloring book with her in it... besides those hard core Harley fans.

Except that some enterprising dealer has already sold one for $40, and is now pitching a copy for $85. :eyeroll:

I saw this tonight and found it interesting. Also see they sold the $84.99 copy and now has one listed at $104.99

Edited by Calpounder