• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Adventures 12. Harley!
3 3

1,579 posts in this topic

I feel like the same conversation occurs every time a particular character's book temporarily heats up. :ohnoez:

Last one was deadpool. One before that was the guardians of the galaxy. Now it's HQ and "spider-gwen". If you can accurately predict the next one you'll be rich! lol

-J.

I just asked my two boys aged 9 and 5

they are playing Batman 2 on the x-box right now

1. Batman

2. Robin

3. Superman

4. Hulk

5. Bane

6. Teen Titans (new cartoon)

7. Harley Quinn

8. Joker and all other Batman Villains....

All of this from toys, mostly Lego, games, films and cartoons

they know Daddy likes comics but neither of them have any interest in them

My 5 year old says he thinks about Batman "all the time"

With all due respect to your guys' kids, I find the methodology of interviewing children and consulting instagram and twitter to determine who "the 5 most popular characters on earth are" to be irredeemably flawed, thoroughly misleading, and largely irrelevant. But hey, that's just me. :sorry:

I don't know if there's any accurate way to assemble and weight the data. My view is based on setting up at approximately ten shows a year, and seeing what books and characters are asked for and bought.

As this is a discussion tied to HQ, sales of BA 12, and the question of the character's longevity and staying power, I'd be inclined to look at hobby data more than other sources. It is interesting to see the Instagram data, though, keeping in mind that may be more reflective of total media awareness.

That's all it was meant to be (shrug)

I liked it. (thumbs u

Wouldn't the Harley Instagram numbers have a lot to do with cosplay pics & pics of hot chicks etc...?

A day ago I almost posted to argue with the guy who claimed she was top five in the Bats Universe - lol glad I didn't....now that I see she's approaching top 5 of all time in this thread, bumping off the likes of Thor, Hulk, GL, Flash etc..etc.. :fear:

See my above comment - historical importance vs current popularity.

Instagram numbers are where the youth are today. Kids today have phones. They game, they text, they post. The numbers here are significant to make an argument.

#batman 6,358,639 posts

#superman 4,356,753

#spiderman 3,230,708

#walkingdead 1,785,855

#wonderwoman 937,023

#wolverine 892,581

#harleyquinn 584,395

#deadpool 543,251

#guardiansofthegalaxy 432,545

#teenagemutantninjaturtles 336,674

#daredevil 247,460

#thanos 54,174