• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Adventures 12. Harley!
3 3

1,579 posts in this topic

I'm interested to see how much the number of 9.8's on the census goes up in the next few months. If it does make a huge jump quickly it would be a good bet the price on the book is going to increase a lot.

Census now for the record is:

Batman Adventures CGC Universal

10.0 zero copies

9.9 zero copies

9.8 98 copies

9.6 84 copies

9.4 47 copies

9.2 23 copies

9.0 13 copies

8.5 7 copies

8.0 3 copies

From what raws Ive seen on ebay, the chances of 9.8s increasing is going to be slim. I would expect to see a rise in submissions though and you will see the lesser grades rise. Currently NM98 has 1,081 and WD1 has 519 cgc 9.8 universals in comparison at this time. Also keep in mind that there was also a direct release (bar code) version (not noted by CGC) but is certainly much harder to find in high grade and as time marches onward and this book develops into a modern mega key, the bar coded copies of this issue will rise above the other.

Almost one year later of Harley Mania, curious to see the increase in submissions for each grade of this book..... hm

10.0 zero copies still 0 copies

9.9 zero copies still 0 copies

9.8 98 copies 232 copies

9.6 84 copies 240 copies

9.4 47 copies 127 copies

9.2 23 copies 65 copies

9.0 13 copies 52 copies

8.5 7 copies 31 copies

8.0 3 copies 12 copies

7.5 13 copies

7.0 4 copies

6.5 10 copies

6.0 2 copies

5.5 2 copies

3.5 1 copy

3.0 1 copy

Honestly, I thought there would be a lot more 9.8 / 9.6 copies on the census.Still just not enough to go around. Lord help us if there's ever a movie announcement, if Deadpool's "increased" popularity the past week is any indication.

Edited by dane323

finally had time to take a picture of mine

9aba179f-2db0-43e3-927e-636119957c93_zps76d95cbe.jpg

it's a shame, i really neglected this book years ago.... as i got back into the comic book collecting hobby about 5 or so months back, i was bagging and boarding quite a few of loose comics i had in a sneaker box and the BA#12 was just sitting there. i was literally about to throw it out when i stumbled across finding out that it was a very hot book nowadays.

Who would have thought that something like this from the 90's especially after everyone says 90's comics were just mass produced and worthless, would end up being something rare?

i recall buying it when i was a teenager with my grandmother as well....

Can anybody explain why the version with the barcode is more rare then the ones without?

Edited by Donmeca2020

News stand issues (barcode) are sold at retail places like supermarkets and book stores. They are subject to lots of free reading, mishandling etc. Ive yet to see a 9.8 newsie of a BA12. Ive had a 9.6 but sold it. I would have kept a 9.8 newsie without question.

At some point, GPA and other price guides are going to have to start recognizing the differences people are willing to pay for Direct Market vs Newsstand versions. I mean, that IS the whole point of a price guide, right? Providing guidance for what people are willing to pay for specific items? They do it with the 35-cent Marvels from the 70s. They should do it with the WD1 Black vs White Label covers. Perhaps they are waiting for CGC to officially start specifying Newsstand variants on their labels. Or is that opening too big of a can of worms? I can understand the magnitude of going down that path. But the reality of the situation is that people are beginning to recognize the relative scarcity of high grade newsstand versions of comics, particularly key issues.

I'm interested to see how much the number of 9.8's on the census goes up in the next few months. If it does make a huge jump quickly it would be a good bet the price on the book is going to increase a lot.

Census now for the record is:

10.0 zero copies

9.9 zero copies

9.8 98 copies

9.6 84 copies

9.4 47 copies

9.2 23 copies

9.0 13 copies

8.5 7 copies

8.0 3 copies

From what raws Ive seen on ebay, the chances of 9.8s increasing is going to be slim. I would expect to see a rise in submissions though and you will see the lesser grades rise. Currently NM98 has 1,081 and WD1 has 519 cgc 9.8 universals in comparison at this time. Also keep in mind that there was also a direct release (bar code) version (not noted by CGC) but is certainly much harder to find in high grade and as time marches onward and this book develops into a modern mega key, the bar coded copies of this issue will rise above the other.

Almost one year later of Harley Mania, curious to see the increase in submissions for each grade of this book..... hm

10.0 zero copies still 0 copies

9.9 zero copies still 0 copies

9.8 98 copies 232 copies

9.6 84 copies 240 copies

9.4 47 copies 127 copies

9.2 23 copies 65 copies

9.0 13 copies 52 copies

8.5 7 copies 31 copies

8.0 3 copies 12 copies

7.5 13 copies

7.0 4 copies

6.5 10 copies

6.0 2 copies

5.5 2 copies

3.5 1 copy

3.0 1 copy

Honestly, I thought there would be a lot more 9.8 / 9.6 copies on the census.Still just not enough to go around. Lord help us if there's ever a movie announcement, if Deadpool's "increased" popularity the past week is any indication.

lol

Somebody undercut my price on ebay!

I have a BA #12 for an unreasonably high price and somebody put one up lower than mine!

What you set your at?

Also, did you do a best offer option?

I just saw one list for 1,600, so I'm guessing yours is the one matched with MCS?

Yes, I too am interested on how it will end up as an auction.

Edited by brownchikano