• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Adventures 12. Harley!
3 3

1,579 posts in this topic

He sold it. meh

What he's referring to as a "publish" date appears to be just the copyright date of the trademark image on the back cover (as far as I can tell). :eye roll:

I can check the actual copyright date of the coloring book later today (if anyone cares).

He sold it. meh

What he's referring to as a "publish" date appears to be just the copyright date of the trademark image on the back cover (as far as I can tell). :eye roll:

I can check the actual copyright date of the coloring book later today (if anyone cares).

another one popped up, with a higher price - same seller Edited by jsilverjanet

I mentioned in the ebay thread that I had a Harley (and Ivy!) OPC from the original Batman series, but I thought it more fitting that I post it here. Whadda think???

2nb6edw.jpg

ohpmzb.jpg

I have it on the wall next to these...

r25bbr.jpg

As you can see I've been a big fan for a long time. ;)

He sold it. meh

another one popped up, with a higher price - same seller

As I suspected, there is no copyright record for this publication. This book could have literally been printed yesterday. He's already sold one for $39.99 and now has one for sale at $84.99:

Batman Adventures Coloring Book

Some people will stop at nothing to bilk the buying public out of every available nickel. :facepalm:

Anyone who buys this item is a complete insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

Its listed on mycomicshop, so could be real https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=25296650

It's real of course, just not published in 1993. :sumo:

Why don't you think it was published in 1993?

Because there's no evidence that it was.

Fair enough. But. :grin:

65 episodes had aired by Sep 1993, with Harley's first appearance being in 'Joker's Favour', Sep 11, 1992.

As we all know, cartoons aren't just about entertainment, they're also about selling merchandise. The toys, for example, were out in '92 or '93, depending on who you ask.

I'm not advocating that this coloring book is collectable. I'm just saying, as a BTAS buff, it could have been published in '93. If you want to make money from a successful cartoon, you'd be getting every bit of merchandise you can out there, pronto.

Its listed on mycomicshop, so could be real https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=25296650

65 episodes had aired by Sep 1993, with Harley's first appearance being in 'Joker's Favour', Sep 11, 1992.

As we all know, cartoons aren't just about entertainment, they're also about selling merchandise. The toys, for example, were out in '92 or '93, depending on who you ask.

I'm not advocating that this coloring book is collectable. I'm just saying, as a BTAS buff, it could have been published in '93. If you want to make money from a successful cartoon, you'd be getting every bit of merchandise you can out there, pronto.

considering i was literally watching BTAS about a month ago, i recall Harley first appeared in the Second season of BTAS. she had a very small part. and i believe that was around 92-93.

As far a coloring book goes, i doubt it'll start catching any value.... i don't believe CGC will start grading coloring books, and quite frankly its ridiculous to think people would actually spend any coin on a coloring book with her in it... besides those hard core Harley fans.

considering i was literally watching BTAS about a month ago, i recall Harley first appeared in the Second season of BTAS. she had a very small part. and i believe that was around 92-93.

As far a coloring book goes, i doubt it'll start catching any value.... i don't believe CGC will start grading coloring books, and quite frankly its ridiculous to think people would actually spend any coin on a coloring book with her in it... besides those hard core Harley fans.

She first appeared in the first season, in the seventh episode to air.

(thumbs u

Except that some enterprising dealer has already sold one for $40, and is now pitching a copy for $85. :eyeroll: